Mini Recon 1 Review

FYI....u-tube has a vid review of of the new Mini Recon 1 Clip Point. It may be the very first vid of the new 2021 model. Just type “mini recon 1 cold steel” in the search box.

jux t

Gold Member
I was hoping you’d have a review, ha. I like mine so far, and think they’re an outstanding value. Been carrying mine when I wear basketball shorts and a full size recon 1 is too heavy.

They’re not quite as high quality as the XHP versions were, more like a cross between a voyager and the older mini recon 1s due to the steel and lined grn handles. For the $52 I paid for mine, they’re a great value. I have the clip and spear points so far, just waiting for the tanto to release.

Edit: I also like that they’re uncoated.

Last edited:
I was hoping you’d have a review, ha. I like mine so far, and think they’re an outstanding value. Been carrying mine when I wear basketball shorts and a full size recon 1 is too heavy.

They’re not quite as high quality as the XHP versions were, more like a cross between a voyager and the older mini recon 1s due to the steel and lined grn handles. For the $52 I paid for mine, they’re a great value. I have the clip and spear points so far, just waiting for the tanto to release.

Edit: I also like that they’re uncoated.
$52 where did you get this?

jlauffer

Tempt not the Blade
Platinum Member
Always play hard ball. Jk they were approved as soon as the offer hit so they had it set to accept that.

Yeah I made the same mistake on the AD15 Lite, which was the same seller. Percentage-wise I went lower on the Mini Recon, but apparently still not low enough. Live and learn...

Always play hard ball. Jk they were approved as soon as the offer hit so they had it set to accept that.
Thanks for the tip :) i never tried this before, learned new things today. I tried $50, rejected, then $51 and was accepted.
Bought a spear point and a clip point :thumbsup:

jux t

Gold Member
Just a heads up: the mini recon 1 tantos are out now at various distributors. I just ordered one for $50.29 at an e-auction site.

nephron

Gold Member
Awesome! Much easier to remove! I was kinda wondering the way it came off in strips and the blade is in such good shape.