Mini Skirmish update

I would like to ask all you mini skirmish owners if you have been satisfied with your knives. I've recently read some less than favorable reports...probably factory defects....I've had no problems whatsoever but I have stopped or slowed down on flicking and am now just swinging the blade open with my thumb.

The titanium seems to scuff up pretty easily...what can I use to get that new look back...gotta be something out there..........thanks ahead for the replys.....paul

My mini-Skirmish came out of the box perfect. I don't routinely flick it open, but as I slowly slide it out with my thumb, the sound of the lock engaging is awesome! Although not abuse, it doesn't hurt to take it easy on the stop-pin. It will make a difference in the long run, like maybe 5-10 years of good use.

As far as the 'used' look of the Ti handles, let it grow on you. After a good while of EDC-ing it, the scratches will be uniform, and will be a good testament of your love for the knife, showing that it gets used. That pocket-worn look says more about a knife's usefulness than any long-winded testamonials about materials, design and brand name.

Daniel

Why are bead blast finishes so common on titanium knives? I can think of four production titanium pieces off the top of my head using bead blast finishes.

I think I own all four of them.:D I guess it's just a fore-gone conclusion that it will get scratched. I have only one non-blasted Ti framelock, and the dings show up in the anodizing like the ding on a blade edge: impossible to ignore.:eek: Now, I'd love to see a satin-finished Ti handle, and I've seen customs that have that on bolsters and such. Maybe the metal is just too soft to hold a higher quality finish for long.

Daniel

Back