1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mini spec-ops?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by biogon, Dec 15, 2003.

1. jbob24

jbob24

Sep 23, 2010
    Wuh..? Mini? Mini spec ops? Is that u??

2. jbob24

jbob24

Sep 23, 2010
    Booooooo, u suck :p

3. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    I just picked up a 6" version. It has a patch of velcro glued to the back of the insert, and a long strip of matching velcro stiched into the inside of the sheath. I used a metal ruler to slide between the insert and sheath to work the velcro apart. I guess putting it back in you could use a sheet of paper to hold the velcro apart and then pull the paper out. We'll see how the velcro on the insert likes being heated up for forming the insert. Might have to glue on a new patch if the original doesn't hold up.

I prefer the old screw system myself. I wish manufacturers would just charge what a quality product costs rather than degrading the product to increase margins.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    Velcro! Unique way to solve the problem that lines sheaths with no screw have with slippage. I have a few older cordura sheaths from Busse toward the end of when they stopped providing them, the insert was simple plastic and slipped out with the knife every time. The very early ones were glued in.

Kind of like waking from a particularly vivid dream feeling a little disconnected eh? :D

5. jbob24

jbob24

Sep 23, 2010
    *cough*