mini tomcat

Does anyone know if there will be any plans for a mini tomcat folder. maybe a 3 inch long blade verson. with the bolsters & kraton handles.? something to rivel the buck mini strider.

Hi Intruder,

SOG has had the Stingray in production for over ten years.

Stingray.jpg

It is a smaller version of the Tomcat with a 2.75" blade. A very sweet and sturdy knife.

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

The Stringray is a great knife. but was thinking more along the lines of a airsog size linerlock or maybe a axis lock with double bolsters. kraton handles & that great heavy duty tomcat style blade. i think this would be more of a production knife with custom style.

Ahhh...you alter your request.

Can't say we will make any knife in the realm of what you are describing, but we might be introducing the new Mini Vision with Zytel hanldes and double steel liners...and the Arc-Lock! Blade shape will be about 3" and will be SOG's geometrically facetted tip design. No firm plans relative to if an when it might be introduced. So check back in a couple of months for more details. In the meantime, enjoy the picture.

[Edited to remove any evidence of failed image placement attempt here
smile.gif
Also edited for really bad spelling and grammar...what was I thinking? It was a really bad day. Want to hear about it?...Thanks Firebat for the image placement help!]

------------------
Ron Andersen

[This message has been edited by Ron@SOG (edited 03-16-2001).]

visionmini.jpg

There ya go Ron, try that...

biggrin.gif

Firebat

------------------
Name's Ash......Housewares.

[This message has been edited by Firebat (edited 03-15-2001).]

Thanks Ron . It must have been a full moon . That night. lol. Will you save the first Mini for me. Thats a must have knife. in fact save me the second one too. Please keep me posted on the progress. thats a great looking knife. Iam sure you guys will have no problem selling them. still have the first two tomcats from first pro run . they just cant be beat. you guys make great knives. that mini is sweet. Gary.

Hi Gary,

I'd love to do this for you, so hear's how it goes. First, final production will be partially serrated. Second, you need to preorder though our sales department. To do that, call Tina at: (888) SOG-BEST, extension 240. By doing this, you will be assure one/two of the first.

You really want me to be involved in your order after all my skru-ups? Thankx of your trusz in me!
smile.gif

Take care.

------------------
Ron Andersen

Ron. no problem. Ive had guns fail . custom knives fail. but have never had a sog knife fail me yet. trust you got it. Any idea when the plain edges will be avalible. like to get one or two of each. Thanks for the great pic's firebat. cant wait to get my hands on these minis. Thanks Ron great knives . great service . & a great company. thanks again Gary.

Hi Gary,

Sorry to say, but there are no plans to bring the knife out in a straight edge only version. What you see here in the picture are prototypes only. The production model with sport a typcial 1/3 serration.

------------------
Ron Andersen

Thanks Ron . plain or serrated . its still a must have knife. By the way how about selling me that proto type. since nobody is going to use it. Ill take real good care of it for you. even let you come visit it.

I dont them all (yes i do ) Just This One. You got to have at least one laying around collecting dust in a corner somewhere.

Back