Minimuk?

A 3/32 Hiking Buddy is high on my list! 5/32 is just too thick for my tastes, even with a high grind I just don't like the feel or look of it.

Honestly 1/8" is about as thick as I want in a knife the size of the Hiking Buddy. So I guess I answered my own question with the Minimuk since they are about the same size (I think).

That 3/32" Hiking Buddy is nothing short of awesome. You won't be disappointed when you get one.

I'm a thin steel guy, the slightly-thicker-than-3/32 CPM is about the thickest I want to go unless it's a big knife. 1/8th TT in certain situations, otherwise give me 3/32 or thinner!

This is exactly why I love my OK/T Warthog so much. The TT 3/32" is amazing. I'm really excited to see Chris using 1/16" on some knives.

This is exactly why I love my OK/T Warthog so much. The TT 3/32" is amazing. I'm really excited to see Chris using 1/16" on some knives.

I've been missing my old commando Warthog that I sold. Luckily Chris is making me the Warthog of my dreams so I'll have a new one eventually. :D I plan on getting on of his 1/16 knives at some point as well.

I love mine so much I've ended up with a Camp Muk and a Rocky MTN also... I use it for kitchen and garden EDC.

IMG_4896.JPG

Thanks to abcatpb I was able to acquire a sweet Minimuk with 1/8" A2 and box elder burl wood. In my humble opinion it is a perfect example of this particular model. It has absolutely beautiful wood and the balance of the knife is second to none. I just got it in the mail today so extended use reviews will be forth coming. So far though I see it being a staple in my carry rotation. I will get some pictures up of the knife tomorrow.

I also wanted to say that abcatpb was great to deal and chat with. It was a pleasure dealing with him.

My poor picture taking skills don't do this knife justice. Here are a few pictures none the less. I really like the blue pinstripe and box elder burl combination.

hgwDHqM.jpg

Last edited:
Back