Recommendation? Mirror edge sharpening service in Canada

I was hoping someone could recommend a sharpening service to me in Canada. I'm looking for someone who works with tough steels (e.g. ZDP), does mirror polishes, and preferably uses a guided system.

I've done a bit of searching and most of the recommendations I found were no longer active. I did find Peter Nowlan, but he does his sharpening freehand.

Apologies if I'm just poor at searching and this has been posted a ton of times.

Thanks!

It's easy enough to get a guided system and the appropriate hones and do it yourself. As for freehand, an angle guide that clamps onto the spine of the blade accomplishes the same thing as a guided system and is a lot more versatile, IMHO. You can find several makes of clamps online -- I use an ancient BuckMaster (no longer in production) but there are newer ones available.

It's easy enough to get a guided system and the appropriate hones and do it yourself. As for freehand, an angle guide that clamps onto the spine of the blade accomplishes the same thing as a guided system and is a lot more versatile, IMHO. You can find several makes of clamps online -- I use an ancient BuckMaster (no longer in production) but there are newer ones available.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually am pretty decent with my KME and waterstones. This is more a matter of being short on time

yeah hit up @taylorsharpening on instagram
not sure where you are located in canada but he's in the gta
and works at s&r knives in etobicoke every sunday
prices are very very reasonable
he's done a few knifes for me

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually am pretty decent with my KME and waterstones. This is more a matter of being short on time
It takes me about 2 hours to get this finnish on my KME with Lapping films and if the knife is already sharp it cuts the time down to an hour. Just sayin :)
QvbqxeR.jpg

yeah hit up @taylorsharpening on instagram
not sure where you are located in canada but he's in the gta
and works at s&r knives in etobicoke every sunday
prices are very very reasonable
he's done a few knifes for me

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

It takes me about 2 hours to get this finnish on my KME with Lapping films and if the knife is already sharp it cuts the time down to an hour. Just sayin :)

I normally do my own edges. Here is the edge I put on my Small Sebenza yesterday.

aTn9pO5.jpg

I'm outsourcing a Caly 3 in ZDP I want brought down from 22 DPS to 15. I suspect that will take a little longer... but hey, different strokes for different folks.

Back