Mirror Polished Edge on BB13 BG

Rob_Mob

Basic Member
Fellow Hogs, Dogs, and Filthy Rats

I think the BB13 BG/CG are two of the most exciting releases ever. The fact that the BG weighs 22 oz at 13 inches in blade length and 3/16ths in thickness --- means that this is a great candidate for a full day or more of wild excursions. We got a reaaaaal winner here!

So ---- long story short, I wanted the Battle Grade as mean and thirsty as I could get it. It was settled --- she deserved a mirror polished edge and serious reprofile. A serious reprofile -- she sure got ;)

Rob_Mob

Basic Member
DISCLAIMER :: No flash photography here --- those light reflections off the edge are all legit ;)

AnotherDogDown17

Gold Member
Awesome looking edge! I'd love to see how she chops now. Is it still considered chopping if it cuts a tree in half in one blow? Or is that cutting?haha

Anyways, let us know how it performs. I'm very interested.

Last edited:
That looks fantastic Rob, 13eautiful work!!! :D

19° per side?, or did you go lower??

SpyderPhreak

Rocketman for hire
Platinum Member
Awesome work Rob!!! :cool: :thumbup: Those tips are a bit on the thick side, aren't they? What angle did you sharpen this one at?

kniferMan

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Damn Rob I wish one of my blades was as sharp as all of your blades! Amazing job as always!

Ladams19

Gold Member
Man that looks serious. I cut my finger just scrolling through the pictures. You made a mean blade look just....meaner for lack of better words. That just looks scary now, seriously. That recurve with that polished edge looks like the executioners blade.

evltcat

Gold Member
Now THAT is a BB-13 Edge!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear what you think of chopping with here now Rob!!

Beautiful edge Rob!! Would you ever be open to having a local sharpening party?? And by sharpening party, I mean showing me how you put an edge like that on one of mine LOL!:D

Rob_Mob

Basic Member
I love it. That is impressive. I would like to feel how it works.

GrEIGHT work Rob!

Awesome looking edge! I'd love to see how she chops now. Is it still considered chopping if it cuts a tree in half in one blow? Or is that cutting?haha

Anyways, let us know how it performs. I'm very interested.

Send ya mine for the same edge? Lol....looks great Rob

Awesome work Rob!!! :cool: :thumbup: Those tips are a bit on the thick side, aren't they? What angle did you sharpen this one at?

Damn Rob I wish one of my blades was as sharp as all of your blades! Amazing job as always!

Now show us the slurry ;)

Now THAT is a BB-13 Edge!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear what you think of chopping with here now Rob!!

Beautiful edge Rob!! Would you ever be open to having a local sharpening party?? And by sharpening party, I mean showing me how you put an edge like that on one of mine LOL!:D

That looks fantastic Rob, 13eautiful work!!! :D

19° per side?, or did you go lower??

Thank you Gents!! This monster is right in at 19 degrees with possibly an 18 degree tip. This tool is a fully functional one all purpose woods tool. It whittles hair across the entire edge and now has the edge/shoulder geometry to penetrate deeper. ;p

In case anyone is wondering . . . The Grit Progression was as follows

Diamond Stones: 50, 80, 100, 200, 400, 600, 800, 1000
Ceramic Stones: 1200, 1600, 1.4 microns, .6 microns
Balsa Wood Strops: 5 Micron, 3.5 Micron, 1 Micron, .5 Micron

Gents I've been asked by many if I would take orders, but sadly I don't have the time --- I'm getting ready to prepare for BABY MAKING --- so I've been working like a dog to financially prepare for that. So time is short, but the inquiries alone are extremely humbling. Sorry to those I've had to decline :-(

As for using this sucker ---- I CANT WAIT --- the weather is entering a nice phase for an excursion --- so stay tuned

Cheers!

Rob_Mob

Basic Member
Man that looks serious. I cut my finger just scrolling through the pictures. You made a mean blade look just....meaner for lack of better words. That just looks scary now, seriously. That recurve with that polished edge looks like the executioners blade.

Lol thanks brother!! It would serve as a great zombie cleaver --- very strong and SLICEYYYY

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC