Missions Unlikely

Mistwalker

Gold Member
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to proceed up the southern shore of the Tennessee River to a point just east of the Walnut St Bridge, infiltrate the library on the top floor of Castle Edwin after hours by whatever means available, and plant a sprig of mistletoe above the area just in front of the fireplace in advance of the New Year's Eve party. To foment love and romance in a business-mind stronghold in occupied territory. You must proceed with minimal equipment and gather the necessary materials in route. Good luck.

Challenge accepted

The New Year's article I wrote for the website is part of the story / one of the stories behind the tradition of kissing under the mistletoe, it will publish at 9 am tomorrow. Not all of my unlikely missions involve me putting my father's, and my uncle Sam's, training to use stalking street gangs selling drugs in our local parks or pedophiles setting up ambush camps in urban woods near them. Some of my use of unconventional tactics are for much happier purposes, they just don't usually get talked about in my urban survival threads like some of the other subjects do. This one, the hanging of sprigs of mistletoe in random odd places around towns, for the purpose of giving people an excuse to be a little more loving and romantic for a moment, is something I used to do all the time as a teenager. I like having regained some of that mindset, it makes me feel like I am making progress.

Last edited:
This is great. I never thought of where the tradition came from, where can I read the article?

This is great. I never thought of where the tradition came from, where can I read the article?

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the post! The origin of tradition goes back a great many years, and seems to predate most of recorded history, so there is a lot of mythology that includes it. There are differing versions of the origin in the mythologies of different ancient cultures. I like the one I referred to in the article, and you can read it here.
https://fiddlebackforge.com/blogs/articles/in-with-the-new

Back