Mix and Match

So we all know that disassembling your Emerson knife is recommended, and I have been fooling around with mine some today; which got me thinking, is it possible to swap blades from different models?

I know I am lucky I didn't hurt myself thinking too hard about it.

Seeing as how you are allowed to take your Emerson apart I figure surely somebody has tried it.

As a side note, an Emerson knife would be the only knife I would have pimped. If you needed to send it in all you have to do is slap the original scales back on.

The pivot will be the same size so the blades would fit onto it but you are likely to run into issues with the placement of the stop pin in the opened and closed position and the lock. Of course if there happen to be two models where these issues do not arise then it should be no problem.

The pivot will be the same size so the blades would fit onto it but you are likely to run into issues with the placement of the stop pin in the opened and closed position and the lock. Of course if there happen to be two models where these issues do not arise then it should be no problem.

I tried it with my Mini 15 and my brother's Mini Commander. This is the exact problem I ran into.

You could end up with major lock engagement issues as well, I'd think.

Back