1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Mix and Match

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by slight, Aug 17, 2012.

1. slight

slight

May 22, 2011
    So we all know that disassembling your Emerson knife is recommended, and I have been fooling around with mine some today; which got me thinking, is it possible to swap blades from different models?

I know I am lucky I didn't hurt myself thinking too hard about it.

Seeing as how you are allowed to take your Emerson apart I figure surely somebody has tried it.

As a side note, an Emerson knife would be the only knife I would have pimped. If you needed to send it in all you have to do is slap the original scales back on.

2. GMAHN

GMAHN

Sep 30, 2010
    The pivot will be the same size so the blades would fit onto it but you are likely to run into issues with the placement of the stop pin in the opened and closed position and the lock. Of course if there happen to be two models where these issues do not arise then it should be no problem.

3. jkwithawave

jkwithawave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011

I tried it with my Mini 15 and my brother's Mini Commander. This is the exact problem I ran into.

4. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
    You could end up with major lock engagement issues as well, I'd think.