Mnandi blade length.

I keep seeing statements that the Mnandi has a 2.5" blade and sometimes a 2.75" blade. Can anyone tell me definitively what the blade length is from hilt to tip?

The knife appeals to me but I am living under a new 2.5" blade length restriction -- and yes 1/4" matters. Another city in this state which has the same law (almost verbatim) and I know of at least one person who was arrested and tried for carrying a 2.75" blade.:barf:

Blade length laws suck ! :mad: Especially when we're talking about 1/4" on a 2.75" blade ! :mad:

And at 2.75 inches. . .the Mnandi is a small bladed folder that is absolutely superb ! ;)

the cutting edge of my mnandi measures MAYBE a millimeter under 2.5". BUT, the blade length according to most manufacturers (and CRK as well imo) is the length of the piece of metal that forms the blade, including the part that is used for the pivot (usuially about 1/2 an inch). i live under a 2.5" law as well, and the judges i have talked to as well as the prosecutors (after looking up the law and smirking) have all told me that they believe that it is the length of the cutting edge that the law (at least in chicago) is referring to. if that is similar (and only seems to make sense) then you are safe (legally) with the Mnandi, as the blade cutting edge on mine measures at just under 2.5".

This is how "blade length" is measured in this region. Can anyone measure their Mnandi from point X to point Y?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 177
I measured mine. . .

~ X to Y = 2 5/8"

~ Cutting edge = 2 9/16"

Thanks! 1/8" over may actually be close enough to squeak through casual inspection.

Carlos,

Why don't you give CRK a call and see if they can take a little length off the blade for you? Worth a shot.

-Al-0

Hi Al,

When I am ready to order I intend to ask, but even if they say "No" I won't let that stop me. I think it's close enough.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Carlos,

Order it and send that baby to me ! I just purchased a Sears variable orbital sander and am in the "locked & cocked" mode. . .just itchin' to grind something down ! ;) :p

Edit: damn spelling ! :D

Back