Mnandi: My latest Obsession

Where is it engraved? I'm not seeing it on my S30V Mnandi. Does it need to be disassembled to see it? (I did an interwebs search and in any relevant links the pictures were no longer available....)

Yes, you'd have to take it apart. It's in the part of the blade that never sees daylight.

Well, many thanks to all af you - sk8n, Vaporstang, Lone_Wolfe - Bravo! I'm becoming a Mnandi addicted and really need to know a lot more about. It's just an idea, but it'll be good if you the honest Mnandi experts should add pics side by side about main differences between the versions, cause there's a lot info about Sebenza (for instance) but a little few about the Mnadi one over the internet. The nail nicks, blades, clips, pivots, all major details with pics side by side. It'll be great. By the way, this group is a great one.

Well, many thanks to all af you - sk8n, Vaporstang, Lone_Wolfe - Bravo! I'm becoming a Mnandi addicted and really need to know a lot more about. It's just an idea, but it'll be good if you the honest Mnandi experts should add pics side by side about main differences between the versions, cause there's a lot info about Sebenza (for instance) but a little few about the Mnadi one over the internet. The nail nicks, blades, clips, pivots, all major details with pics side by side. It'll be great. By the way, this group is a great one.

OK, here's a couple pics from my LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT thread...

The clipside of two pairs of Mnandis, new style on the left, old on the right.

MnandiBacks_zpscknrgec9.jpg

Now you can see the old and new nail nicks, new on the left, old on the right.

LeftRightAll-1_zpsmqnhrwsr.jpg

20150419_191658 by brw713, on Flickr
I actually remove my clips. For the newer models CRK will send you a screw no charge - for the older style clips you do not need an additional clip screw...

Last edited:

Here's a thread with some good comparative information.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1063276-Original-Style-Mnandi-vs-New-Style-Mnandi

To dear sk8n, Vaporstang and Lone_Wolfe I just can say "Thank you" ... gorgeous pics and nice, valuable info. Here in Brazil unfortunately we don't have forums with such cooperative, pro-active gentlemen like you. :thumbup: :)

To dear sk8n, Vaporstang and Lone_Wolfe I just can say "Thank you" ... gorgeous pics and nice, valuable info. Here in Brazil unfortunately we don't have forums with such cooperative, pro-active gentlemen like you. :thumbup: :)

You're very welcome, :thumbup: except that I'm not a gentleman. ;) :p :D

Back