Mnandi...one hand opener?

Just a quick question to all the current Mnandi owners out there...is the knife a one-hand opener or do you have to use two? Thanks in advance to any replies!

I find it difficult (but not impossible) to open the Mnandi with one hand. In the closed position, the blade sits low in the handle, and without the benefit of a thumbstud, it is not very easy to manipulate the blade open. The enlarged "nail nicks", however, make it extremely easy to open two-handed. They are milled into both sides of the blade, and greatly aid in extraction.
I'd call it a 1.5 hand opener.

It works fine one handed for me, it seems to be one of those "Your Mileage May Vary" situations.

It sounds like it depends on the individual.

I can't open my Left Handed Umfaan with my right hand.

I thought it opened akward and dangerously smooth for a one hand opener. Once popped out of the detent, it practly fell in to the locked position. The mnandi was ganna be my next knife buy until I found out that the MT Mini Socoms are discontinued (should be in today-YES!). I had a Mnandi "held" for me by my dealer, but when I tried it out, it seemed like it would be too nice (and small) to use for anything that my sebby wouldnt leap at cutting. For now, a $300 trinket... It's almost useless for a guy who just want's to dig in the mud! I'll still get one sooner of later. (probably sooner than later) It was one of the nicest knives I've ever held. I wish it were 1/2 an inch bigger, but either way, I'm sold for the future.

Back