Mnandi questions?

Toolin

BANNED
- Are they going to be limited, I heard somewhere they where only making 200???

- www.bladeart.com is getting a shipment of Mnandi this week and one of them is mine, are they in the first production run???

- I don't see screws on the Mnandi, will I be able to take it apart like my Sebenza???

Thanx guys.

knifeart_1656_14816284

Pic taken from www.knifeart.com

I know that they come with a lanyard, and I don't think that you can take it apart. I could be wrong, but I don't think that yours will be in the first production run. I think that the first production run was the group of 25 redwood burl mnandis at knifeart.

Jeff

Jeff, it comes with the same size Allen wrench as the small and large sebbie's. I have had one of the Redwood Burl's from Knifeart for about a month now. It is one sweet knife. I think you will like it.

JC

The first 200 standard (zircote inlay) Mnandi were numbered, the numbered KnifeArt redwood run is a different series. All of those have been delivered except for #20 :(

Having had #53 for over three weeks now, I can tell you it's one sweet little knife! It's replaced my custom Emerson as a daily (day) carry, as I like a small dress knife for the office. I took the clip off of it, and have even had it apart to check it out!

For me this is the perfect size for the office.

I too own one of the 1 of 25(#25) Redwood Mnandi's. It really is a great little knife. It mates up great with my large California buckeye burl Sebenza. I don't know about regular production run Mnandi's but my redwood one did NOT come with a lanyard. There really is no room on it to attach one. You could I suppose attach it to the rear spacer but it would come in contact with the closed blade. Sooner or later it would be cut. I think the picture shown of the leather laynard was just for promotional value. The knife though...is a definite keeper! Taking it apart is no hard feat, just a little more time consuming because it is in fact, small. I also removed the pocket clip for carry; makes the knife slim and great to hold and look at. Shows off the wood on both sides.:D

RW:cool:

I want to play with mine sooooooo bad. Damn you, damn you all!!!!!!!;)

The knife pictured above is serial #1 of the 25 piece Knifeart exclusive redwood burl series, marked "1-25". This particular knife came with the leather lanyard as shown. The leather is very thin and wraps around the spacer with no clearance problem to the blade tip. I also have one of the Mnandi 2nd run prototypes which also came with this lanyard. I don't know if any of the other 24 pieces of the Knifeart Mnandi came with a lanyard or not; apparently somewhere along the line (maybe after #1!) CRK decided to no longer provide this item with the knife.
I don't believe that the regular production Mnandis will come with this lanyard either; not even the serialized first 200 pieces.

Back