MOD CQD Mk1?

I looking into purchasing this knife and would like to know if anyone has handled it or owns it. Due to the price tag I'd also like to know if its really worth it and where the best price for it would be. Thanks for all the help:thumbup:

Best price I've found is on alternateforce.com

Great knife, won't let you down. Only complaints I've heard about it are that the blade develops blade play over time if you open the knife with a wrist flick. Use your thumb to open it and you won't have any problems.

Also the wingwalk inserts will loosen up and get sticky if the knife is continuousy submerged in water for more than 24 hours.

Best price I've found is on alternateforce.com

Great knife, won't let you down. Only complaints I've heard about it are that the blade develops blade play over time if you open the knife with a wrist flick. Use your thumb to open it and you won't have any problems.

Also the wingwalk inserts will loosen up and get sticky if the knife is continuousy submerged in water for more than 24 hours.

Blade play? I'd really hate that on a $230 knife :mad: How does this compare to Benchmade, Microtech, etc.? Am I better off getting one of their knives?

Benchmades, from what I hear, are okay to flick.
Microtech makes mostly OTF autos.

Wrist flicking is dangerous anyway. In a high-stress situation, the adrenaline will boost gross motor strength (so you'll throw the blade more strongly than you intend to) and suppress fine motor control (so your knife will fly from your fingers into the ground or an innocent bystander). Thumb openings are just as fast and provide a much more secure grip.

Having said that, I also have to admit that wrist flicking feels pretty good and macho.

Back