BANNED
Just got my Mark II yestarday:

MOD-Mark-II-01.jpg

MOD-Mark-II-02.jpg

MOD-Mark-II-03.jpg

MOD-Mark-II-04.jpg

Very impressed!

Thanks, Vassili.

Nice knife! I got the blade blade with serrations.

You can pull the tungsten carbide point out and reverse it to a blunt point.

Nice knife! I had one a while ago & I sold it because I thought it was a bit small, but only a bit. Then I bought the Mark I & man....that's things huge!

Now I miss the Mark II....might pick another one up again soon.

How did your knife come..... Sharp???? None of the M.O.D knives I ever purchased had a sharp blade :grumpy: Really made me mad & there service department would never return my e-mails..go figure :rolleyes:

THANKS!

Yep, it was not sharp as I expected for the price. It did not shave and on the tip one side of the edge was not polished - I can see grind marks. I am in resharpening process right now (started yesterday), almost finish putting new edge - 30 degree by Sharpmaker. However I am doing this for every new knife from any producer (exept Spiderco). Other cons was KnifeOutlet service - I'll never buy from there again, even it is a bit cheaper.

However this does not bother me at all - this is great knife! Locks are Super, Side hilt - super, Grip Seal system - super. I really like this knife.

More pics:
MOD-Mark-II-07.jpg

This two I made under impression that this is kind of science fiction futuristic design - like technology of Vasudan (if you know Wing Comander game and movie):
MOD-Mark-II-05.jpg

MOD-Mark-II-08.jpg

Thanks, Vassili.

I had gotten a CQD second-hand and it was sharpened, very well, too. It has held that edge through some hard cutting. I got my Mark II very much second-hand, a real user, but still rock-solid lock-up, no blade play, and well sharpened. They hold up nicely. I really like the big one, but it is a lot to carry, especially in light clothes. So the Mark II gets out more.

I like a new knife to be sharp out of the box, but reasonably, I will be sharpening it soon anyway, maybe cleaning up the edge right away. So I don't worry if it won't shave. I don't shave :)

sixfeetdeep said:
Nice knife! I had one a while ago & I sold it because I thought it was a bit small, but only a bit. Then I bought the Mark I & man....that's things huge!

Now I miss the Mark II....might pick another one up again soon.

How did your knife come..... Sharp???? None of the M.O.D knives I ever purchased had a sharp blade :grumpy: Really made me mad & there service department would never return my e-mails..go figure :rolleyes:

THANKS!
If you have a problem with anything by MOD, call them, they suck at answering emails...800.694.5263

i had a mkI and mkII the only complaint i had was the pocket clip left too much of the knife hanging out of the pocket. otherwise very nice knives. :)

Back