[MOD] - Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Spiffy Spine Mod [UPDATED; NEW PICS]

Just finished taking some macro shots of my newly modded Para 2. I think it looks pretty dern nifty.:D

What do Y'all think?

DSC00479.jpg
DSC00478.jpg
DSC00477.jpg
DSC00476.jpg
DSC00475.jpg
DSC00473.jpg
DSC00457.jpg
[/IMG]

I just hit it with some 1500 GatorGrit sandpaper while I was watching TV.
I think it turned out well.:D

NEW PHOTOS IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT!:cool:

DSC00507.jpg
DSC00506.jpg
DSC00505.jpg
DSC00504.jpg
DSC00503.jpg
DSC00502.jpg
DSC00501.jpg
[/IMG]
The Jimping is still very sharp and very functional.

Last edited:
not bad, shined it up a bit, you should go all out a round the edges :cool:

Don't round the edge of the spyderhole too much. You'll lose all the traction for a quick opening. Ask me how I know. ;)

Don't round the edge of the spyderhole too much. You'll lose all the traction for a quick opening. Ask me how I know. ;)

Yea I wouldn't round out the spydie hole at all. I had already thought of that. The spine however I think would look neat rounded off like a sebenza or what have you. The tricky part would be getting a clean consistent uniform result.

I've seen where people did this and effectively destroyed the functionality of the Spyderhole.

Now THAT would suck.

Oh, it really doesn't take much sanding. There is a reason for the abrupt edge. Some people with silky soft baby hands complain about the "sharpness", but it alows necessary traction to open the blade.

Oh, it really doesn't take much sanding. There is a reason for the abrupt edge. Some people with silky soft baby hands complain about the "sharpness", but it alows necessary traction to open the blade.

Yea, I tried to use the more boney part of my finger to avoid jacking it up.

Back