MOD Trident blade markings

Hello all,

I just got my new/used MOD Trident, and I must say this is one excellent knife.

However, I can't stand the MOD logo and "patches" watson mini bio on the blade! I don't know, it just makes me feel like some SEAL wannabe or something, and I surely don't want anyone to see it. Am I the only one that hates this kind of thing ?

So, is there an easy way to get these markings off of the blade ? I'm not really interested in polishing the whole blade, I just want lettering off. If it matters, it is a bead blast finish.

------------------
mikemck@austin.rr.com

Hi!

Hope that all is well!
I think that the logo is etched to (on) the blade = hard to get off.
You might want to checkout if there's a carshop or metalshop around who has one of those small beadblast cabinets, that would get it off, no problem.

You might want to disassemble it before to avoid getting "beads" in the pivot though.
Or blow it really clean after the beadin' with compressed air.
I've beadblasted a few of my folders, even a balisong and it worked great after i blew'em clean with compressed air.

Sorry for the long post.
Good luck!
smile.gif

------------------
Be well!/Jonas aka 2Sharp

"May all your detonations be expected"

The coolest bar in the world: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Camp/8373/index.html
My knives!

[This message has been edited by 2Sharp (edited 12-12-2000).]

I said the same thing when I got my Trident. I love the knife, but hate the paragraph on the blade.

A question. I had a problem with a Trident where when you closed the blade it would go past the stop detent and strike the back of the handle, damaging the edge. Any other owners have this happen?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bfm:
A question. I had a problem with a Trident where when you closed the blade it would go past the stop detent and strike the back of the handle, damaging the edge. Any other owners have this happen?</font>

After reading this, I checked mine but I couldn't be sure it wasn't happening. Now, I don't *think* it's happening, as I tried really closing it hard, to check for edge damage, and I didn't have any, but hell, I'm still not sure.

I do however have a problem with the liner lock on mine. I just don't trust it at all.
It doesn't take much at all to close the knife, as the liner lock doesn't "grab" the blade at all really.

Overall, the MOD Trident is a great knife, and is MT quality, although the knife is a bit more coarse. I don't mind the coarsness though, as it is a working knife/utility folder.

So, anyone have problems with the liner
locks ? Keep in mind, I didn't actually make mine fail, as I don't have kevlar gloves, but I feel like I could make it fail....

------------------
mikemck@austin.rr.com

bfm,
Did you ever call MOD and get that fixed. I would be very interested to hear how they responded to your knife.

Mine is absolutely perfect. I don't think there is any way I could make the liner lock fail on this knife. Fit and finish are perfect.

Thanks for the interest. In the end I sent it back for good. MOD was always polite and treated me fairly well, but the more I called the longer each call got and probably due to the stress at work with everyone trying to get ten different things done before the holidays I was less and less inclined to have these conversations. I won't say I am satisfied with the final results, I really did like the knife, but I do feel that some of that is my fault for developing a shorter fuse than I normally have.

------------------
It is not the fall that kills you. It is the realization that "yes, you did something that stupid."

Just got it back from MOD. Very happy now. All new knife that they tweeked to perfection.

I'm glad to hear that they made everything ok. I know that you are really going to enjoy that knife.

MOD should sell those knives sterile on
request. I love their stuff but will not
carry one, as the last thing I want some
LEO to see on my knife is "Navy SEAL" or
"Defense" up here in paranoid Canuckia.

T.

Well, the Trident does also have the word UTILITY on the blade. That might help you in court.

------------------
It is not the fall that kills you. It is the realization that "yes, you did something that stupid."

Back