1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Model 32 Haw Creek chisel knife

Discussion in 'Turley Knives' started by bindlestitch, Nov 14, 2011.

1. bindlestitch

bindlestitch Moderator Moderator

Oct 23, 2006
    Yo, guys.
    This is the new chisel knife I have been testing for the past month or so.
    Hope you dig it.
    I run my yapper for about the first half, if you don't want to hear all that you can get straight to the action if you fast forward to about the middle.
    [video=youtube;VpnpLMHyUlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpnpLMHyUlc[/video]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AA Forge

AA Forge Custom Knife Maker Moderator

Apr 8, 2010
    That's an interesting idea; I like it!

Great work Iz:thumbup:

3. bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Thanks, Adam!

4. gerberbmf

gerberbmf

Oct 17, 2009
    Quite an interesting concept Iz and clearly has advantages over using the long edge for notching work. I must admit I didn't take to the idea of boring using the outside corner of the blade it was freaking me out waiting for the hand slip with the long edge up!!

5. Bellyededge

Bellyededge

Nov 6, 2010
    What can I say.... I love it!! I will get one, if you decide to make more of them. BTW did the pummelplate survive the beating?

6. bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback.
    Belly,
    These are available for order now if you'd like one. Wait time is running around three years from the date of order.
    You can fill out a quote request here if you'd like:
    http://www.turleyknives.com/hawcreekquoterequest.htm
    Yeah, the pommel plate stood up to the beating which sorta surprised me. I figured g10 might but I wasn't sure about the micarta. So far it's still going strong.
    Thanks again, guys.