Model 4

I love that Model 4. Could you tell me about the blade. I assume at the price, it's not differentially tempered. How thick? Does it have a distal taper? What's the hardness on the blade?

Very useful design, reminds me of the Cliff knife. Small (~4") , high performance knives are my favorite class of fixed blades.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Talmadge
I love that Model 4. Could you tell me about the blade. I assume at the price, it's not differentially tempered. How thick? Does it have a distal taper? What's the hardness on the blade?
Joe

Joe,
Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I have been extremely busy getting Christmas orders prepared. I will be going up on all of my knives Jan 1,2002. My computer crashed and I lost all of my stuff for my web site and can not update it at this time. I am in the process of having another site built and will have it completely updated with new pics and prices after the first of the year.
The model number 4 is hand forged from 5160 and differentially tempered. It is just a tad under 1/4 inch thick It does have a distal taper and the edge should be around rc 59-60. I hope this helps.

Bobby

Back