Model name change

Bmurray

Gold Member
well I texted Andy and I decided to change the name of a a Fiddleback model.

The model in question is the beloved Kephart. With little resemblence of Horace Kephart’s original design, except the guard. I decide a name change was due. The blade of this model has some wood lore looks to it.

Ok. Here are the contenders in order.....
1) Keplore
2) Boblore (this one even sounds cool)
3) Bushhart

For those that already have a FBF Kepart you will have to use the new name once I decide on one, for it to be recognized.

Reply with your vote. This is note open for discussion or additional names.

Last edited:
What about a simple reversal. Fiddleback Forge Fepkhart....or use AR's last name in there somewhere, like Royphart? Ok need another beer for this one.

I’m going to have to banned you guys posting additional names. You can submit them to me for review via postal mail or PayPal. Please include $1.00 per name you want considered.

Thanks, knife manager

I can't keep the names straight, so call it what ever you want. The reason I say that is mostly to be a part of this thread before it gets locked....

Here's a picture, of a knife-- well actually two knives, or a knife cutting a knife.
Duke%2520liner13-X4.jpg

I understand it’s not open for discussion, Bob, but I don’t think the Bushhore is going to be a very popular choice among some Fiddleback fans....:D :D

Damn, it's been a long day. I didn't read that right at first and thought it said Bushlore, which would be like taking a name from Condor Knife & Tool that Condor took from Wildertools, and I was thinking no that probably wouldn't be a popular option. I wasn't expecting that and now understand Phillip's comment :)

Lol, I've already gone on record in my review of the knife when it came out several years ago, after I had used it for a few projects saying I'm actually quite good with the name Kephart for this model. It's essentially a simple spear point knife like most of the other more traditional ones I've seen. It was just designed by someone who likely has a much more detailed understanding of the roles played by blade profile, blade to handle relationships, and edge geometry. It not looking more like the traditional ones from years gone by is a great thing for me. I have a lot of respect for Horace Kephartas a woodsman, and it finally gives that name to a knife I actually like and don't mind carrying. Unlike most of the traditional versions which I have always found as boring, utterly unappealing, and rather limited in functionality for my uses in the field. Which I found interesting considering most of my life I've used my knives in the same forests that Mr. Kephart used his, and doing much the same tasks in the early years. I eventually just attributed it to the limited number of options Mr. Kephart had available to him at the time. I figure other than possibly the flattened pommel with outside corners, he may well have even liked Andy's iteration more than the one he had made. It's certainly possible. Looking back from here, with such a vast increase in available options of improved designs that have come to pass in my life, I would certainly trade away some of the knives I used on my earlier adventures for some of the knives I have today.

Last edited:
Back