Modern fighting knives? Not military combat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try not to be too antagonistic to random people on the road. It only leads to problems when you irritate the wrong person who comes back later to shoot cattle, cut fences, etc.

When I conceal carried my Glock 20, a black T-shirt draped over my OWB holster served me well. As mentioned previously, today I need that real estate for other things.

And yes, on my own property I can carry as I wish. I still prefer a low-profile appearance though.

While hiking in my woods today I started to grow nervous as darkness swept in around me

I quickened my pace trying to get to the main trail head that leads me back home but ,,,,,,,,,,,,, it was too late the pack was on me lead by this savage blue haired demon dog

She charged me with blinding fury and speed

She lead this evils pack of white demon pups ......... you can tell they are evil by their pointed ears

Luckily i had my trusty magical katana that was forged in the fires of hades and quenched in baby unicorn tears and I cut them down with extreme prejudice

Even though i was armed with an SBR in 300 blk and a custom Glock 34 I chose to use my sword because........... it is the way

Last edited:
While hiking in my woods today I started to grow nervous as darkness swept in around me

I quickened my pace trying to get to the main trail head that leads me back home but ,,,,,,,,,,,,, it was too late the pack was on me lead by this savage blue haired demon dog

She lead this evils pack of white demon pups ......... you can tell their evil by their pointed ears

Luckily i had my trusty magical katana that was forged in the fires of hades and quenched in baby unicorn tears and I cut them down with extreme prejudice

Even though i was armed with an SBR in 300 blk and a custom Glock 34 I chose to use my sword because........... it is the way

The motto of the Blue Haired Demon dog is "Death From the Ankles Down".

Small slipjoint with a stag handle. Less likely to offend or antagonize the ignorant sheeple you apparently deal with all the time.

Really. You just described efficiently eliminating two of the villains in your front yard recently. How do you think that would have went if you went after them with a blade? Make room for the concealed pistol. Or don't. Sounds like you look at it as more trouble than it's worth. I know what I would do if I really was afraid of these dogs.

Yes, in an encounter like that I expect to be bitten and need post-engagement medical care. My German Shepherds were not a dog you would want to mess with. At 11 months, my last puppy weighed 86lbs. Unfortunately, he was killed by someone staking out my house for theft. After the house across the road was burned to the ground and that person went to jail, that problem seemed to go away.

So far, all the dogs I have shot have been in the 30#~40# range, or smaller. There is only 1 of the 3 labs left which a different neighbor apparently got but, the one left is really aggressive (raised that way by its owner).

A spear or sword is really impractical. If I were to have something that heavy, bulky, and, long, it would be a rifle or a shotgun. I do have a "live" sword but, I'm not taking it with me to feed cattle or mend fencing.
Sorry about your dog.

She lead this evils pack of white demon pups ......... you can tell they are evil by their pointed ears

:)

Personally, my Uzi with a couple of mags would be preferred but, my Criswell sword would work too. If the dealer with my 'can' for it hadn't closed shop and fled to Alaska with it I would be much happier.

Sometimes , you just have to make due with what you've got handy .

I once fended off a big dog with only my large golf umbrella .

He was charging full bore at me and I forcefully popped open the umbrella right into his face at short range .

I guess he had no experience with this because it scared him enough to send him back to his yard , completely cowed .
DocJD: That umbrella tactic you employed is a long time favorite of burglars. When I had my GS , I trained her to react to any hand on a gun and to being faced with a rapidly opening -closing-opening umbrella. She got the rest of protection needs from instinct.

In those days I worked a lot of long ,late night hours. My wife was home alone with our two young children. While we lived in a very nice subdivision. It was all 4-5 home cul-de-sacs, with no street lights and lots of public open land, old growth forest, between pods. We had good motion sensor lights, locks, a central system alarm, and the dog. I told my wife , if “it” gets past all that security , it has serious evil intent and she should end its abvance, on the stairs to the upstairs bed rooms, with our pump 12 gauge loaded with reduced recoil 00 Buckshot.

P.S. In my much younger bachelor days , I was a volunteer EMT on a busy urban ambulance squad. More than once we had to “ deal” with a big protective dog, guarding their unconscious masters, to whom we were trying to render assistance. An old cop taught me how to use a CO2 fire extinguisher, to back the protecting dog into another room and lock it in, so we could render aid.

Dogs can indeed be a "man's best friend " or a terrible threat , depending on the circumstances .

I've been on both sides .

I suffered a serious attack from my father's own big male GS when I was 16 . I could have easily been killed , if I had not managed to escape the dog pen , scrambling over a tall chainlink fence .

It's hard for anyone who's never been savagely mauled to relate to this kind of experience . It changes you , deeply .

But , overall , my relationships with canines has been overwhelmingly of love, friendship , and mutual trust .

So far, all the dogs I have shot have been in the 30#~40# range, or smaller. There is only 1 of the 3 labs left which a different neighbor apparently got but, the one left is really aggressive (raised that way by its owner).

I was drinking my coffee this morning and thought what I heard outside was a vehicle hitting something (I'm 1200' from the public road). What I found on my front porch as I opened the door were two dogs who both got two rounds as fast I could pull the trigger. I closed the door and came back a few minutes later to make sure they were humanely put down since the fight was totally gone in one and the other was still trying to bite me but, couldn't move well.

One neighbor actually built a kennel after killing my nesting goose and stealing all the eggs. I had proof of this and let them know if his two dogs were back to kill chickens or chase cows they would stand a good chance of dying, and that I had some leg traps out that would break their legs if around the chicken coop.
Honestly if I lived somewhere where I had to kill dogs all the time I think I might just move... Your dog body count must be crazy.

Also - just a friendly request - next time you halfway kill some dogs, go ahead and finish the job right away, not after a few more sips of coffee. I understand they were super annoying beforehand, but now they’re just suffering and don’t understand your lesson. Savvy?

Last edited:
Honestly if I lived somewhere where I had to kill dogs all the time I think I might just move... Your dog body count must be crazy.

Also - just a friendly request - next time you halfway kill some dogs, go ahead and finish the job right away, not after a few more sips of coffee. I understand they were super annoying beforehand, but now they’re just suffering. Savy?

Dude is just beating his chest and talking out of the side of his mouth. Notice how nearly every single sentence starts with “I”.

I think we'll let this fall off the radar unless somebody can convince me why it should be reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back