MOLLE back? How? What? Huh?!!!

Ken C.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Staff member
Super Mod
Ok, I know I'm a borderline idiot but can someone please post some pics of how the MOLLE back can be worn on a belt? Or the many configurations in which it can be worn? I'm just not seeing how the whole thing works. Maybe because I've been a leather sheath guy for so long I've sprouted blinders.

Specifically the ESEE3 and 4.

3/4 molle back or the version for the 5 and 6?

For the 3 and 4, the velcro flap on the back goes over the belt. I didn't like the velcro rubbing on my belts so I put a piece of loop velcro on the hook side of the molle back. Then I just weave the strap down and snap it down. With the added velcro piece I can just slide my belt through the loop without having to tear the velcro apart.

For the 5 and 6 version, here's a pic by Dizwolf.

url

On the ESEE 4 Molle Back there is a flap with velcro on it, this is where I feed my belt through.

or add a drop leg extender.

esee4dropleg1.jpg

Don't worry, I didn't get it until I saw a pic that Jeff posted showing it attached to a Molle panel. You have to weave the stiff piece behind the cross straps and snap it down. Then the velcro loop and the stiff piece before it goes under the second cross strap (first cross strap is on the velcro loop part) will form a nice belt loop.

Back