Monkey Dressing 101 with a BK9

Swede79,
I'm sorry if you find Jeff's commments and pics offensive. When I read the post, and saw the appropriate smiley face, I knew that Jeff was joking around....I'm sure that he intended to get that across. With regards to Jeff being a troll...nothing could be further from the truth. Jeff is well know around BF, and is a publish writer in various knife and survival pubications.

Swede79, you and Jeff are both welcome here on the CAMILLUS FORUM. I expect folks to bring good attitudes and their sense of humor when they log in.

Now Jeff, pass the Texas Pete;)

I think I'm going to become a priest with the catholic church and quit making off-hand remarks that hurt the politically correct feelings so often displayed on the forums. Well, on second thought if I become a catholic priest....naw...ain't going there :D

Can't we all just join hands, sing "we are the world" and just get along? We all know knives are made to collect, not to actually cut flesh, use, or live off of. Personally I think we should ban every one of them. While we're at it let's throw anyone who eats meat (or jokes about it) in prison and force the world to become vegetarians. Then we can all join hands and have free love in our new eutopia. God I love this place!

Best regards,

the politically incorrect TROLL

BT Will, you may want to lock this down before it gets out of hand. Last time I got baited it cost me a writing job ;)

love your work, the pics, the write ups, and the off color humor too!

If you were going to change anything though...well, it would be...nothing! lol :D

Ignore the PC noise, and keep up the good wok, er work!

D.B.C.

I thought the comment about a smoked human baby a bit off-color, but not out of bounds considering where the boundaries of taste get drawn on the net. The smiley after the comment kicked in the lassez-faire that a forum environment calls for. IMHO Jeff's experience & contributions to the knife world buys him a bit of leniency & running room in my reading of his comments. (Not that I think my opinion does (or should) amount to a hill of beans in his world. He's got bigger things to worry about than what some guy in the NW thinks of him. :))

Now if I want disgusting commentary, I need only read the daily news of Washington DC political manipulations or the current American corporate world shenanigans. ;) (but that's only half joking, folks)

(edited to add obligatory knife reference) Nice to see the blade in real world usage and doing a good job when called upon. Jeff, did the non-stainless steel of the BK9 show any rusting in the jungle environment? Does the relatively large diameter/size of the Becker handle impair the knife's usage for fine work like game dressing or whittling? I found it really helps for speading out the grip pressure while chopping.

the baby comment is personally offensive to me . . . I can get over it.

As a wiser friend once said . . .
"Life is alot like eating watermelon . . . you gotta know when to spit out the seeds and throw away the rind!" ;) :p ;)

Guys, if I thought that off-hand joke would have stirred up this much ****, well....I probably wouldn't have said it. Yeah...right. I would have went on and said it anyway and reverted to the saying: "fck 'em if they can't take a joke," which I'm doing right now.

My travel partners (including a classy female that's a lady through and through) and I have traveled all over the world, in a lot of cesspools as well as a lot of great places. Some of the places we have been don't place a lot of value on human life and would just as soon kill you if you take offense easily. Through all of this, one survival tool has kept things calm: a sense of humor and an ability to laugh at ourselves as well as that which may offend us. Taking life too seriously can be just as devastating as not knowing when to be dead serious.

I offer no apology for my comments. Simply because it was said as a joke with the proper icon so anyone could understand that. Those that take life that serious would not get along with us too well in any long-term situation, not that they would even want to.

Trust me, as long as I am posting on internet forums it will happen again. If you don't like me for it, then I really don't care.

RokJok, we didn't stay in the jungle long enough to see any staining on the blade. It was a short trip this time. I can say I haven't cleaned or oiled the blade since I've been home and it still looks good.

Jeff

I don't think this needs to degenerate into one of "those" threads again. Geez, it was a sick joke, is there anyone who hasn't ever told one or laughed at one?! They're usually the funniest :D Now Jeff, after eating the baby, and burning down the orphenage, and mugging defenseless nuns...:rolleyes:

Geez, Jeff!!! You scared me there for a minute. After seeing all of the grizzle and sinew in that picture, I thought you'd decided to eat Dexter Ewing!!!!

The tail threw me off for a minute, but I just figured the ladies were right about ol' Dex. :eek:

If I told him once I told him a dozen times: That's not a damned monkey!! It's a Lemur, more specifically a Kinkajou. There's a world of difference on the dinner table between monkey, lemur and human. You would never, for instance, use Texas Pete on Lemur any more than you would use Tabasco on human or Heinz 57 on monkey. Don't you guys ever watch Martha Stewart??!!! :)Mike

Hey Jeff any pictures of my Gambit cutting up something nasty??..HAHA... Man if you cant say something off color, in a post with dead monkeys in it, where can ya???:rolleyes: :D

Trace, I have a good photo of the Gambit in the depths of the belly of a smoked and split baby...uh I mean Monkey/Lemur/Kinkajou. Also have some photos posted around our forum with the Gambit. Pay attention to your forums amigo! ;)

Trace, now you're adding to the post I made. I said nothing about the color of the monkey :)

carpediem, I'm saving all the thoughts on the BK9 for another time, but I can say it's better than Mike and I expected.

What I want to know is, what part of the monkey is Jeff holding in the picture???
Now THAT is disgusting :barf:
I first I thought you were trying to circumsize the monkey but missed badly :D

That ain't me holding that beast. Look in the photo of the brown hands and then compare that to my skinny white albino looking self. It's real clear to see it ain't me. Uh-oh I just compared a brown man to a white man on the forums so I suspect I will get another load of offended fragile forumites posting. Now I can be labeled a baby killer and a racist rolled all into one :D

Good grief, what a whiner. Where do I start?

1. Many of us have travelled to undesirable places and seen things we would rather not. I've been to many places like Peru while serving in the military. What makes you think you're the only one?

2. I'm not PC in the least. In fact, I'm probably the most conservative person posting here. That's why when I see something that is wrong, I say something about it. I don't care if it makes me unpopular, I stand up for what I believe in. For those of you that find this post offensive, say something. You have as much right to post as this guy. Silence implies consent.

3. There is a world of difference between telling bad jokes in private, and posting them in public. If you don't understand this, I'm not going to explain. "Fck 'em if they can't take a joke?" What literary style. You mean nothing to me, either.

4. For the record, you weren't baited, you reacted like an immature 14 year old
. You got what you deserved. If you choose to live "in the limelight", you will be held to certain standards by those who employ you. If you don't understand that there can be consequences to your actions, welcome to the real world. Time to grow up.

5. There seems to be a very real good-old-boy network here. Believe me, I'm not part of it, and don't EVER want to be. Yes, Jeff, I do have a life. I only have a limited time to read about knives, which is why I get so irritated when I find nonsense that wastes my time. Most of what I have seen you post lately is utter nonsense.

6. I have seen other forums travel down this path and degenerate to the point that they just shut down because the good people left. Most of the time it has been a few troublemakers that weren't reined in, and ruined it for everyone. This has been a great forum, but I'm starting to see it take the slide, and that's sad.

7. Will has made it clear that he won't tolerate personal attacks. Go re-read the infamous TOPS thread and tell me why that has been tolerated. Or ban me. I could really care less. I'll not be posting to this forum any time soon, if ever again.

Swede79,
I respect your opinion regarding Jeff's comments here on the CAMILLUS forum. I don't happen to agree with them. To check and make sure I was seeing thing "clearly", I contacted a couple of other regulars here, and even Spark, the owner, and everyone felt that Jeff was NOT out of line regarding this post. I asked you in a private email, and I asked Jeff in a private email, to keep things civil-no personal attacks. I did not single you out. So far, you and Jeff have kept things "civil", but I don't like the direction things are going. So for the record, ya'll play nice. If you don't like what somebody is saying, tell them once, if that doesn't work, bow out of the conversation, and take it to private email. Everybody else is having a fine time talking about knives in the jungle.

Nobody is talking about banning ANYBODY.

At first I was not sure what had such a bee in your bonnet, but after reading the emails I have received and now your final post, I believe I understand more clearly now. If you think I am giving Jeff special treatment because I didn't ban or censor him regarding some thread in the past, which WAS NOT on the CAMILLUS FORUM, please understand, I am the moderator of the CAMILLUS FORUM. Not all the other forums here on BF. Hell, I was out of town when the other, now famous, thread took place. I got back in town just in time to read some of it, before it was deleted. Swede79, you mention in one of your post that someone should go back and read the"now famous thread"...the only problem is that it has been DELETED.

Regarding your slanderous comments about " a good ol' boy network", yup, I've been called a Good Ol'Boy, as I'm sure Jeff has....but I assure you, this forum isn't been run for Jeff benefit. Hell, Jeff is technically a competitor if you haven't noticed[ like the ONTARIO RTAK]! And he sure isn't spending lotsa $$$$$ on CAMILLUS knives, like we of course hope our CUSTOMERS are...

The reason I said that I don't consider Jeff a TROLL, is that he is WELL KNOWN, and always around. Trolls are usually unknowns who pop into a forum, stir up poop, and retire to anominity. We know who Jeff is, and we know where to find him.

Now, appearently you don';t like the way Jeff has conducted himself on BLADEFORUMS, and now you find him on a small portion of BF, the CAMILLUS FORUM. I can only control my little part of this big forum. Here on the CAMILLUS forum, You and Jeff are still both welcome. But, if you want to carry on a crusade against Jeff, don't do it here.

If you want to carry this further, contact Kevin Scholsberg, aka SPARK[the owner], spark@bladeforums.com .

This has gone far enough, if ya'll can't talk about knives, hopefully some made by CAMILLUS CUTLERY, take it somewhere else. I am not closing this thread because I have confidence in everyone that we can get back to talking about knives. I will, however, close the thread if this continues going the way it has turned.

"nuff said!

Originally posted by Buzzbait
Geez, Jeff!!! You scared me there for a minute. After seeing all of the grizzle and sinew in that picture, I thought you'd decided to eat Dexter Ewing!!!!

The tail threw me off for a minute, but I just figured the ladies were right about ol' Dex. :eek:

I am like any other red-blooded American male when I say that I do like to monkey around every once in a while but that is ridiculous, Buzz :D :D

Hey Will, does Camillus have a "Do Not Sell To" list? I have a suggestion for an addition :p

Back