1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Monster Busse Inventory?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by antipaladin, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antipaladin

antipaladin

Apr 13, 2014
    Who is this guy over on Ebay selling every high end Busse ever made? He sent me an email with the sales pitch..."These are NOWHERE NEAR CHEAP!" Seems an odd way to woo customers lmao. His stuff is like twice what the same knife is sold here for.

2. nicksison

nicksison Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Watch that guy.

snwbrdr202 likes this.
  3. INFIBlackhole

INFIBlackhole

Jul 16, 2008
    The controversial liu kang

zombieassassin likes this.
  4. Thesian

Thesian Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2008
    FleaBay...I usually need to shower after viewing.

jeepin likes this.
  5. antipaladin

antipaladin

Apr 13, 2014
    He must be sitting on millions in Infi and Mammoth teeth...lol

musicisevil likes this.
  6. TheGrownUpKid

TheGrownUpKid Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Yea really. Its like a catalog of their greatest hits. He just buys them and marks them up. I think he goes after noobs who dont know the prices are too high, and also seems to think he can do something like "cornering the market" by having the biggest collection and setting his prices. It must be working, otherwise I don't understand how he's survived all these years...like a cockroach.

Admittedly I buy a few here and there on the Bay, but its only when the whole thing looks legit, and/or its really rare and something I want. I just picked up a coated Boss Street in an auction listed in near mint condition, for 22 bucks over the original Busse sale price. It got here, sure enough, near mint. Point being, it can happen, just be discerning and ask questions.

And don't buy from Liu Kang or any of his incarnations.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    tuica, hydeinmind and antipaladin like this.
  7. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    He's not the guilty party this time. I must admit I'm really surprised at who it is. :(:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  8. INFIBlackhole

INFIBlackhole

Jul 16, 2008
    The ones with the red background images is, the ones with camo background i dont know.

tuica likes this.
  9. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    The other big seller is Knife Hunter, both a Member and Moderator of this sub-forum. Unlike small wang, KH is honest and trustworthy.

10. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I always wonder how the heck he gets Custom Shop OP2W knives when the Custom Shop is closed. Where are the CS Park Rangers and stuff coming from if Busse hasn't been going to any shows either? I thought maybe he was having the handles redone somewhere else, but they all have the CS logo. I've seen some CS come through grab bags and I know some people would have received CS knives with last year's $10k Black Friday deal, but it seems like he has everyone that has left the shop. Been baffled by that for a while.

In any case, if he ever gets a BOSC ID again you better believe I'm going to buy that sucker regardless of his reputation. I NEED IT!

11. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I got a great deal on a Butaniku Short from KH a while back. Was super happy with that transaction.

12. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    ....yes I too have re-homed a few from him as well... :D ;)

tuica likes this.
  13. Trijicog

Trijicog

Jan 18, 2009

I would imagine if you spend the amount of money these guys do at shows, you can make special requests.I remember that Lou Kang dude and what he used to post after a Busse show..He must be writing checks payable to Busse well into 5 figures.

14. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015

The rumor is that he's the reason the CS is closed. Its goes like this: he bought the shop out for years with years of orders placed! :eek: That's one big check for sure if its even half true. Now he's a Busse distributer lmao! :confused::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

15. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    $1047 for a Forsaken Mistress CG, a common knife that sold less than a year ago from Busse for $597? I call that price gouging, and it's very disappointing.

Keep in mind that $597 price for a well-heeled buyer could be up to 22.5% off with shop credits, so possibly as low as $463.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    stjones and TheGrownUpKid like this.
  16. TheGrownUpKid

TheGrownUpKid Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Wow. I hope that's not true. I'd like to think they wouldn't "do that to us." I'd hope its just a general backlog they're trying to burn down...

hydeinmind likes this.
  17. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Liu Kang. Sounds like a Villain from Austin Powers

tuica likes this.
  18. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    he's the <more> evil step-cousin of OddJob...

[​IMG]

here's a very rare photo of him teething his INFI grill he commissioned thru the CS...
    [​IMG]

tuica, dogboye and DJC72 like this.
  19. roenman

roenman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Remember lui kang = gate-bil on ebay

Murman, antipaladin and stjones like this.
  20. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Pretty sure he fought in the kumite in Bloodsport.

Cobalt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.