Mont Blanc broken...how to fix it?

I have a mont blanc rollerball that is broken. The body has cracked where you screw in the tip...not sure how to describe it...Anyone know where I can send it to at least see if there is anything that can be done for it. Seems like a 200 dollar pen wouldnt crack when you put in a new, or take out an old refill.
Help?!!?!?!

It happens when you don't screw the cartridge all the way in and then try to screw the body back on.

I have a Meisterstuck fountain pen I bought years ago. A couple of years later, I noticed a crack in the barrel. I sent it in on a Monday with the few dollars handling they required at the time, and got it back that Friday with a new barrel. This was so long ago the pen cost me about $30, when that was a lot for a fountain pen!

Actually Mont Blanc has a reputation of cracking easily. Their "Precious Resin" tends to be brittle. The good news is that they will fix/replace broken parts. There might be a service charge involved (not sure how much).

Anthony Lasome

last time i asked, the service charge was $100 to replace that crappy plastic.

If its gonna cost me 100 bucks, forget it. I will call them, but thats silly. This 'precious' resin CANNOT be worth 100 bucks.

I have a nice fat Montblanc fountain pen which my father bought in 1968, it got a crack in the barrel sometime in the 80´s, I took it to the local representative (Mexico), I don´t remember how much they wanted to fix it but it was a lot.

Then someone at work whose mother is from Germany told me that she could take it over there and they would fix it for free, she had done it with other pens before.

It took a few months until she went but they did fix it for free and even replaced the cap.

Now, this was in the 80´s, I don´t know if they would still do it, you can give them a call.

I need a MB refill. I found a Parker or something like that at Staples, but no MB's. I have forgotten to look when we go Dallas.

Originally posted by Dr. Nick
You should get a pen that won't crack on you, maybe something like this . It's made by Grayson Tighe, son of Brian Tighe, knife maker.

Rob
You got that right. I've admired them online, and Friday I got to see them at the NY show. Really good-looking pens, too, each unique in design.

Dr. Nick,
Thanks a lot! Just when I was beginning to recover from a serious bout of knife fever, that pic of the Tighe pen has rekindled another illness, pen fluenza!!!!

Fred

GteckWreck,

I know what you mean. I met Brian at Blade this summer and that's where I first saw the pen and I haven't been able to put it out of my mind since. It's a real beaut in person too.

Rob

Back