Moore Maker

Has anyone purchased a Moore Maker knife. They are out of Texas and they have some interesting products. I was looking at the congress they make. Any info would be appreciated. Couldn't find anything on the search button.

Don

I have a Moore Maker trapper and it is a well made knife. The blades came really dull and needed a lot of work to get them sharp, but it wasn't hard to do. Moore Maker don't make their own knives. From I have learned many of their knives are made by Queen. Some are made by another company that's name I don't recollect at the moment.

The stag and bone scaled knives are made by Queen. The horn and yellow Delrin scaled knives are made by Camillus.
I currently have a Delrin Trapper, and it is a nice, hefty, working knife.
From what I've heard and read, most folks seem pleased with the Moore's products and the way they stand behind them. The knives are available at a few other online sites as well.

Bill

I have two Moremaker stockman knives. The 5301 in honey bone handles is my EDC. This knife is 3 7/8" closed. I have quite a collection of custon and production knives, but I love using this knife. The carbon steel blades sharpen up incredably well. Whats the expression scary sharp? The other Moremaker is the larger 6302, stag handles at 4 1/4" closed. Both great knives. Buy one, you wont be dissapointed.
Jay

I"ve got 7 MooreMakers.

#2101 Buffalo Fixed Blade
#7100LB Jr Roper
#5201LL Liner Lock Trapper
#5206LL Liner Lock Trapper
#5304 Stockman
#3301 Stockman
#3202 Trapper

I won't part with any of these. I have used and abused my 5304. 1095 High Carbon steel. Gets scary sharp and holds the edge for a good long time. You won't be disappointed

I can't add much to what's been said, just add my concurrance that they are great users. My yellow handle punch blade stockman is a fantastic no frills down and dirty work knife. Highly recommended.

TAH

Gold Member
I have a MM Hoof Pick Knife for trail riding and around the barn. They are top quality and the 1095 blade is a real work horse (no pun intented). :)

Hey, first post, yahoo!!
I just started my collection with two MM one small trapper and a2202 trapper. Both seem very good quality. The blades are just gorgeous and got crazy sharp In no time. I know I'm new but I was not scared in the slightest when deciding to make these two my first "real" purchase. Enjoy!

knarfeng

senex morosus moderator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey, first post, yahoo!!
I just started my collection with two MM one small trapper and a2202 trapper. Both seem very good quality. The blades are just gorgeous and got crazy sharp In no time. I know I'm new but I was not scared in the slightest when deciding to make these two my first "real" purchase. Enjoy!

Yup. 1095 will do that.