1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mora Neck Carry?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SpookStrickland, Jan 19, 2013.

1. SpookStrickland

SpookStrickland

Sep 27, 2012
    Who carries their Mora knife on a neck lanyard? I do when I'm camping or out in the woods. I made it out of paracord. It's much thicker than it has to be but it is very comfortable and gives me lots of cordage should I need it.

Lets see yours.

[​IMG]

2. dogstar

dogstar

Jan 23, 2011
    I like to wear it baldric style.

3. ElectrikHellfire

ElectrikHellfire

May 19, 2008
    I wear mine as a necker when puttering around the yard.

4. SpookStrickland

SpookStrickland

Sep 27, 2012
    I'm going to have to look more into that, looks cool.

thanks

5. timbit

timbit

Jul 21, 2011
    I love mora's. I've had terrible luck with them though. Every time I buy one, it gets stolen! I used to keep one in my tool pouch all the time, but after you go through 5 or 6 of them in a year...you get tired of replacing them. I might have to buy another and try it as a necker/

6. IUKE12

IUKE12

Nov 25, 2005
    Neck carry about 90% of the time. They are lighter than some of my smaller dedicated neck knives so why not:)

7. Stormdrane

Stormdrane

Feb 14, 2005
    Here's one of mine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. sharpguytoo

sharpguytoo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2006
    looks like most use the standard sheath. Nice wrap stormdrane. I question the retention as i bend and twist the upper body although I have no problems with my 2000 in a belt carry. Am I just paranoid? Most of my other necks are inverted and its never been a question.

9. roninelh

roninelh

Dec 14, 2010
    I like to neck carry during winter months so I don't have to reach through layers of clothing to get my knife. Moras are particularly nice for neck use..

10. Stormdrane

Stormdrane

Feb 14, 2005
    For a little extra security on retention, just add a short knotted loop of paracord that'll fit over the top of your Mora's handle, attached at the belt loop. Upright or inverted, it'll keep the knife in the sheath until you thumb it out of the way... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Coad

Coad

Jan 28, 2013
    Not neck carry but I clip my companion to the inside of my hooded sweatshirt pocket.

12. jimh0220

jimh0220

Apr 15, 2008
    Paracord Showoff! :D Sell those?

13. Stormdrane

Stormdrane

Feb 14, 2005
    Not for sale, I encourage folks to get some cord and give it a try themselves. I used a chain sinnet to wrap the Mora sheath, so the cord could be unraveled quickly if needed for something else. The paracord neck lanyard(with safety break-away remains with the knife/sheath). More info on how to do the wrap in my blog post, and a short video on the basics of the chain sinnet. You'd just tie the chain sinnet directly around your sheath, instead of a separate 'mandrel' like in the video demo for a pouch... ;)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  14. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    I did this to secure the knife a little more. Cross it at the back, pull up, slide the cord lock to tighten. I suppose that this could work with neck carry also.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]