Morakniv carbon steel question

This is my 1st post...not know if its legal to me to post or not...I have a few mora knife in carbon/ss and love them all...just wondering if all mora carbon shared the same steel,heat treatment etc including the garberg?...thanks in advanced

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
This is my 1st post...not know if its legal to me to post or not...I have a few mora knife in carbon/ss and love them all...just wondering if all mora carbon shared the same steel,heat treatment etc including the garberg?...thanks in advanced

Sorry for my bad english
Got to buy a carbon garberg myself to get the answer perhaps huh?

The Zieg

Gold Member
It appears that Mora's standard carbon steel is UHB-20C, in both the Garberg and other carbon knives (510, Robust Pro, et al.).

Your English is good, by the way.

Zieg

I actually want to find a good reason to buy garberg carbon but is it worth it since i already have some carbon mora like bushcraft black and robust and also i have owned and used garberg ss and i am quite satisfied so far
thanks for the input guys

i have owned and used garberg ss and i am quite satisfied so far

The 14c28n steel used in the stainless Garberg is a much better steel than the carbon version.
Look at the Knifesteelnerds.com articles and charts. The carbon steel version used by Mora (a 1095 equivalent) is at the bottom of the charts and 14c28n is better in stain resistance (obviously), better in toughness and better in edge retention.