MORAKNIV ELDRIS - Review

I ran into the company after seeing it in a picture taged #gransforsbruks on Instagram. I fell in love with this little guy. Here is my personal review and pics :

This MORAKNIV ELDRIS is what I wanted for alot of things and carving. But the back spin is sharp. The edges are square and sharp on the back of the knife so when you put your thumb on it , it sucks. This would be a 10/10 if they would have fit and finish better. Im gonna have to mill it down a little.

That said is this designed for carving? Not really. Did I buy it for that? Yes , there are some specific uses for just this knife for ME

That said I got this for under 30 bucks from a website shipped. So I dont except perfection, but they could have finished it way better it would take no time

THANKS

Nifty little knives, I use mine all the time. Great heat treat on the 12C27 as well.

RrEAXhg.jpg

I guess the Eldris is inexpensive enough to justify getting one and experimenting with, huh? I was turned off by the smaller blade, would it be a good size to accomplish small tasks and still useful in the kitchen? Anyone use one for food prep?

The Eldris looks interesting to me.
I have probably 10 different Moras already so I have yet to pick up one.

For wood carving I like the short Mora Frost knife with wood handle.
I have had it for over 20 years and it is a champ.
Not sure but I think the blade may be laminated.

How thick/thin is the Eldris blade? I really love my Mora 510 but I like the longer blade.

Zieg

Here is my personal review and pics :

This MORAKNIV ELDRIS is what I wanted for alot of things and carving. But the back spin is sharp. The edges are square and sharp on the back of the knife so when you put your thumb on it , it sucks. This would be a 10/10 if they would have fit and finish better. Im gonna have to mill it down a little.

That said is this designed for carving? Not really. Did I buy it for that? Yes , there are some specific uses for just this knife for ME

That said I got this for under 30 bucks from a website shipped. So I dont except perfection, but they could have finished it way better it would take no time

THANKS

Looks like you got "shorted" ! :rolleyes:;)

Solely for carving it should work. For stout short blade used in a box cutter fashion (tape, cardboard, packages, clamshels, etc.) I guess it lacks handle length to get a full grip and it would get expensive to replace. For food prep is a no go due to the short blade (in my opinion. Sorry but I don't get it. I can't find any situation where a knife like the Eldris could come handy.

Mikel

Solely for carving it should work. For stout short blade used in a box cutter fashion (tape, cardboard, packages, clamshels, etc.) I guess it lacks handle length to get a full grip and it would get expensive to replace. For food prep is a no go due to the short blade (in my opinion. Sorry but I don't get it. I can't find any situation where a knife like the Eldris could come handy.

Mikel

It's nice to have a fixed blade in your pocket to

I guess the Eldris is inexpensive enough to justify getting one and experimenting with, huh? I was turned off by the smaller blade, would it be a good size to accomplish small tasks and still useful in the kitchen? Anyone use one for food prep?

I just picked one up specifically for doing mostly yard work. Cutting plastic pots off plants, opening bags of rocks/mulch, etc.

I just picked one up specifically for doing mostly yard work. Cutting plastic pots off plants, opening bags of rocks/mulch, etc.
Looks like just a quick cutting blade, handynto have a round.

When I got mine, I found the corners of the spine actually had a bit of a burr on them. 2 minutes with a mill bastard file used lightly broke those off but left them square, much easier on the thumb and still effective for scraping.

Back