More Mer Rehandles..Matched Set..:)

Mer just sent me these pics of the re'handles he did for me of a Jaguar, and my old Herbertz tanto..
Here's the before pics...

Mer strikes again. Those are great, I love the solid handles - haven't seen that yet! What's the finish on the handles, abrasive blasted?

Wow, those look great!
What material are those new handles?
And your old Jag... Have you been modifying it (removing latch, cutting the handles)?

Amazing job. I wonder how much work it took to regrind that second Herbertz tanto into the Jag profile :D

Excellent job Eric on the handles. There is something extremely elegent in those plain no frill handles.

Andy, I hope you went for the new thinner handles, becasue if you didn't, those things are gonna weigh a ton :D :D

Hey guys, thanks for the thoughts!!

The handles are 303 stainless, just like all the others that Mer has done, the whole package was abrasive blasted, for extra covertness and gripability..:D

The old Jag had been modified, and abused.
That was the one I used for my "throwin' bali" and I found how to stick them into trees from a closed position, Latch and handles chopped, etc.

I wonder why Jaguar never came out with a tanto version...???

and Tony, those handles are the 5/8 stock.
Heavy-ass-tanks!! but they'll work great as hand weights for my Lazer-Bat-Blade-Tae-Bo workouts..;)
I just hope I don't get carpal-tunnel syndrome from them. either that, or wrists the size of tree trunks...
If I ever need to use these as throwin' balis, they'll be unstopable... :eek:

I know that I'll have to send them off to Clay pretty soon after they show up here.. Probably a inverted V and an IWB sheath... They should be interchangable with the other Mer that's not quite done yet...

The last one that Mer is doing the finishing touches on will be totally different.. He just needs to fit the Chocate wood inserts...

Back