More praise for Blade-Tech and the Tek-Lok

I know that R.W.Clark just posted praise for Blade-Tech's quality and their wonderful Tek-Lok but after recieving my package from them in the mail today, I have to post as well.

I ordered a baton holder for my Monadnock Autolock (it's made for an ASP but it fits great) which mounts on a Tek-Lok and I ordered a mini Tek-Lok for my Mini-Talon which should arrive sometime soon (fingers crossed). I recieved my package about 48 hours after my order! Much sooner than they promised me and much sooner than I had expected it. :) :cool: I love getting toys as early surprises in the mail :D

Well the baton holster is great. It can be adjusted for different levels of retention and it can carry the baton opened or closed. It is minimalist yet tough as hell: just the way I like any sheath. Great product!

This is my first experience with the Tek-Lok and all I can say is "WWWWOOOOOWWWW!!!" :eek: This thing is sweet! Both sizes have multiple mounting points and both securely hold on my belt. The large one can be adjusted depending on what size belt you are wearing: a great feature for more security. Both are easy to get on and off of a belt but won't get knocked off.

I only wish that all sheaths were built to be compatible with one of the Tek-Lok sizes. I wish that I could use Tek-Loks for all of my carry pieces. They are so cool and they seem like they could be securely attached to any kind of strap. This is clearly the superior method of attachment for a sheath. I will never look at a stupid J-Clip the same way again ;) :p

I recently bought some Tek-Loks from Blade-Tech. I am very impressed with the quality of the products as well as the friendly, efficient service. I have already mounted the Tek-Loks on four custom Kydex sheaths that came with J-clips, and the difference is incredible! Any custom maker would do well to offer them, at least as an extra cost option (as they are pretty expenive).The Tek-Lok is a significant improvement that is now available to all of us and is easy to adapt to almost any semirigid material. If you don't have any yet, you will!:D

They get such rave reviews, I can't understand why BladeTech does such a poor job marketing them. This product is impossible to locate on their website.

I couldn't find it on their website. I had to download their catalog (in PDF format) to find it. I agree that they should market it better. I don't know if they have already, but if I worked at Blade-Tech I would send a free Tek-Lok to all of the big name sheath guys or even the big knife companies. I bet a lot of them would want to pick it up as a regular item.

The Tek-Lok is on Blade Techs site. Just click on "About Stuff", then the link to the Tek-Lok will come up.

Hey TOTC..

When the Teks first came out I got my sample from BT...
It took me a really long time to get to like it..
I think the biggest drawback from me was the price of the thing...

I now do like the Tek,, but still very seldom use it.. However I'm definately starting to liker the mini Tek..The large one is just a little too big for me..

The other thing is the Tek has some limitations as far as concealement goes.. This is where a properly made G-clip will blow it away..Just too much bulk, and a little bit too industrial looking if it is ever spotted when lifting your arm, more than likely a G-clip would not be noticed as much..

All it all it is a kicka$$ system,, that Definately has a place in the sheath/holster world.. I think the mini Rules as far as Tek Locks go...

ttyle

Eric...

Normark, I have found uses for both sizes of Tek-Lok, though I run about 3:1 toward the mini. I did use a large on a custom Kydex Chiro sheath for a Buck NightHawk(the one I sent you a picture of). The small was just not big enough for comfort.I also used a large on another Chiro sheath for a Livesay ICU, to help distribute the weight, and it works very well. In spite of the cost, I think that many people already paying for a custom sheath would opt for the Tek-Lok, given the choice. And yes, the Mini does rule! James:D

I've been useing them for 18 months or more. I love 'em. I just think more makers don't use them because they don't like the tactical look, for the price, maybe?
Me, I use them on all my sheaths except neck knives.

Tim, keep up the good work!!!

My first experience with the mini was on my sastre sheath. Fantastic. I would like to try the large version.

I just purchased a few Tec-Locs from Tim's company. _Excellant_ customer service BTW! Their holsters are now the only ones I use.

I have a Nextel phone that I must carry all the time (except in the shower or bed);) and the wussy clip attached kept popping off my belt. (its amazing how far a dropped cellphone can travel!)

I added a small techlok to the existing clip and now have no problem with it staying on my belt. Thanks to those who recommended installing the clip "upside down". It makes it much easier to put it on and off a belt.

(Insert Knife Content Here)I have placed the small size on on my Running Dog Happy Camper, my Livesay 'Bow Hunting Buddy', my Yari and am thinking about adding one to my new "Whip" fighter from Mineral Mountain Hatchet Works---not that I carry that one around with me. :)

Great product!

191AHC

Hey Guy's,

I agree with all the sentiments about the tek-lok. I was excited when I discovered them, and since have incorporated their use in all of the tactical knives / sheaths I create. I use the small tek-lok on neck knives, offering a secure professional multi-carry option. On larger pieces I use the big tek-lok, and have nothing but positive feedback. I had a tough time finding the lok on their site as well, and I agree that it would be more accessible on my web site! I have attached a link where you can see the value of the big-lok in service, with a D "TAC II riding on the thigh of one of our brave law enforcement types. If you look close at the pic, you'll see the (2) attachments for the tek-lok, and (1) additional attachment at the top of the sheath. This one is used as a tensioning device, controlling the amount of restraint needed for blade removal, based on the carry mode. Enjoy!

David

www.dempseyknives.com

<a href=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1757562&a=13548756>See my photos of Friends at PhotoPoint</a>

I'm intrigued by the comments about attaching a TEK-LOCK to a cell phone - anyone have any experience doing it to a Nokia?

Kevin

Back