Most desirable sprint PM2 & Para3 ?

cnm123

Gold Member
Objectively it would be the least produced of a sprint or limited run, but subjectively what is the most desirable of each of these... in your opinion?

Always seems like the “Super Steels” sell quick for high prices in BF...
Maxamet, Cruwear, M390, etc
At least from what I’ve observed.

Para 3 would definitely be REC PVD coated CTS-204P, Gray G10 Cruwear, Rex 45 G10, And St. Nicks Red G10 4V.
Paramilitary 2 CPM- 154/S90V Laminate Carbon Fiber , Rex 45 G10 comes to mind. I'm sure others know of more.

Objectively it would be the least produced of a sprint or limited run, but subjectively what is the most desirable of each of these... in your opinion?

From a collectors view, absolutely. Maybe the different handle cover colors are desirable.
From a user's view, it may be about trying different steels. It is for me. Steels like 10V, 4V, Maxamet aren't easy to find in a folding knife.
From a flippers view, whichever one that will sell the fastest and bring retail prices plus some. Go look on the exchange here and you'll see why they sell out fast.

On the Para3 side the REC Para3 with PVD 204P blade followed by the St. Nicks 4V.

PM2 I would say the S90V/CPM154 followed by the Elmax and or 20CP models then likely the Rex45.

The Maxamet Para3 is what caught my attention, but it’s not a sprint or rare by any means.

I'd agree that the laminate and the Elmax Paramilitary 2s are the most difficult to find.

For me it would have to be the REC PM2 and the PM2 burnt orange REX 45.

There was also a composite blade PM2 some years ago, I believe it was CPM154/S90V with CF. I saw one once on the exchange for like $600...I believe it also had the highest retail price of any PM2 as well.

Back