Al Mar most up-to-date book, on-line or other for straight razor & pocket knife tang IDs

I have acquired many SRs (straight razors) and PK (pocket knives) of which I have no idea of the year(s) they were made, the model name (if applicable), the country of fabrication or current approx. valuation.

W/r/t SRs some of these things only have a brand mark without any stamped model, logo or country name. Any others might have a logo with a brand name but do not have a country name stamped etc.

There are several resources on-line, however, but many of them may not be the most up-to-date and/or reliable in terms of accurate info.

Firstly, I would like to get several opinions on if there are any 'free' sites(URLs) one could check out for this type of reference info. Secondly, similar to many of the collectable antique coins' series, some of the most useful information is available only in print format (to protect the author doing the research) which could possibly likewise apply to SRs and PKs.

In summary, plz. name some great books and web sites having the above stuff to make it easier for me to know what I've got. If I've got to pay for it, then so be it.

Thx.

Back