Motor & vfd advice on belt grinder

1st thing -A 2hp motor cost 1027.00 ?? :thumbsdown: I didnt bother looking at the specks once I saw the price.
2nd thing - do you already have 3 phase ? I think the vfd you linked to is 3 phase input

almost 1300.00 bucks just for a 2hp motor and nema1 vfd (nema1 is not sealed from dust) seems crazy to me.
A 25' distance should not be a problem

1st thing -A 2hp motor cost 1027.00 ?? :thumbsdown: I didnt bother looking at the specks once I saw the price.
2nd thing - do you already have 3 phase ? I think the vfd you linked to is 3 phase input

almost 1300.00 bucks just for a 2hp motor and nema1 vfd (nema1 is not sealed from dust) seems crazy to me.
A 25' distance should not be a problem

It's inverter rated = better insulation, higher temp, more copper

It would work, but so would the cheaper non inverter rated ones too.

Following.

I plan on getting a kbac 27d. I just need a motor 1.5-2 horses to go with it. Any recommendations?

Ps. Currently set up for 115, do plan on upgrading eventually hence the 1.5-2 horse preference.

Unless you're just wanting to spend a few hundred for a Baldor or some other industrial type motor, the Ironhorse motors in the link above (post #3) are about the least expensive new motors around at $158 shipped for a 2hp. with lots of looking you might find a cheaper used motor (which are just fine) on Craigs List, fleabay, etc.

How far away is the outlet from the source? I would use at least a 12 awg cord, 10 would be a little overkill, but it allows for upgrading later.

Back