Movie, "A Grande Arte" (knives are a main theme)

Its a brazilian cinema (1991) that reportedly focuses on knife fighting, and makes mention of some famous american blades and smiths. The Randall model 14 is reported to be one of the main blades in the film.

So has anyone seen this? And is it worth my time to track the movie down to watch it? Thanks :D

Last edited:
It is worth watching; tracking it down might be hard. They need to release it on DVD/Blueray. If we all email and ask, then it may happen. I always thought being a "PerSev" was cool. :)
I enjoyed it a lot, but like most movies, the book is very different. See the movie first, then read the book.

I saw it back in the late 90's or early 2000's on video, the local Front Row Video (at the time) had it for rental. It was a good movie. I think Peter Coyote did a great job in it. I saw a clip or two from it on Youtube, one of them showed the scene where Coyote is shown several knives and has to pick one.
Nice blades....The movie is worth watching IF you can find it, and if you do find it, keep it.

If anyone can point me to the source of where to get this movie, I would be thankful.

Movie isn't the best, but is worth watching for us :)
It was released on DVD in the Netherlands.

Bridge Pictures 2445659

Back