1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mr. Howard Viele passes

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Sal Glesser, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    We regret to inform you that Mr. Howard Viele has passed. He was a knifemaker's knifemaker. One of the best. The industry has lost a real treasure. Our condolences to his family and friends.

sal

2. Rusty_shackelford

Rusty_shackelford Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2013
    RIP

3. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    My sincere condolences.

We have been losing far to many of our friends lately.

best

mqqn

4. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Sad news. my condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P.

5. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    It's always sad to hear about the passing of talented people.

I did not know Mr. Viele but just recently purchased the C42P, pictured below, which is one of at least 3 Spydercos that he designed. It's a great gentleman's EDC that has a timeless appeal and is evidence of his skill as a knife designer.

[​IMG]

6. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    He'll be missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

Will carry one of my C42s today to remember him :(