Mr. Kotter

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello, my fine fellow human!

This model is called Mr. Kotter. He will always be around to help you out, and when work needs to get done- welcome back!

The AEB-L blade was cryogenically quenched for extra radness, has a hollow ground primary bevel and a robust appleseed secondary bevel. The handle frame is canvas micarta, and is held to the G10 and Richlite handle scales via 4, 2mm stainless steel pins. You can actually see them because I left them a little too long and used a little thinner handle material than I should. The pins holding the handle together are canvas micarta plus a 9/32" brass tube. There is no metal touching the tang, so the handle is at least a little bit isolated should you accidentally poke this knife into an electric outlet or a live wire.

The sheath is 9oz veg tan leather, dyed and hot packed. Hand stitched with heavy waxed polyester thread, and I used a different technique than I usually do and the stitching looks pretty dope to my eye.

Approx weight of knife; 3.75oz
Approx weight of sheath; 2.55oz
Blade length; 3 3/4"
Overall length; 7 1/2"
Steel thickness; .14"
Handle width; .73"

N5f8NW0.jpg

T7QKD5A.jpg

VROTmbC.jpg

BtKuyJ8.jpg

ZQzFyr8.jpg

HyY7y0X.jpg

I hope that you are enjoying time with family/friends/yourself this Thanksgiving weekend- Cheers!

Last edited:
Oh..... my.... f.......

Fantastic!!!!
thanks bro- glad you like it :)
Very nice design Lorien, That model looks like the type of blade JParanee JParanee prefers for carry If it had a cross draw sheath.

Are you planning to make more of these, or is it a one-off? I love the ergonomic flow of your designs.

Phil
appreciate that, Phil. Yes, I will make more of this model- consider this the prototype. If you'd like to be alerted as to when another becomes available, drop me a line and I'll put you on my mailing list
Like!!!!!!!
šŸ™Œ

specs added to OP

Sick knife šŸ‘ I would like to purchase one
the best way to make that happen is set me up with your email address and I'll add you to my mailing list. Get at me at loriendesignltd at gmail.com.
There will be a few Mr. Kotters on the bench in 2024, and when the time comes I'll put it out there on my mailing list. Some time in January

So been carrying this since I've recieved it !!!!!!

Love this knife!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheath fantastic..... stitching interstellar.... in hand performance..... waaaaaaay above expectation!!!!!

If you make these in Cruwear (one of my favorites) ......

Sign me up for multiples

In what I do at work what I cut I swap hand positions a lot... this knife is perfect for that...

And screams through what I cut..... been a long time since I haven't carried a folder with a fixed blade for work..... but this has been my only knife since recieved

Lorien... dude

Fantastic!!!!!

So been carrying this since I've recieved it !!!!!!

Love this knife!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheath fantastic..... stitching interstellar.... in hand performance..... waaaaaaay above expectation!!!!!

If you make these in Cruwear (one of my favorites) ......

Sign me up for multiples
I have hardened blanks in A2, AEB-L, and CPM D2- one of the A2 blanks is 8mm thick! šŸ¤£ I bet you'd like A2 for your work, it's got a nice, fine grain and can get quite hard so edge stability is pretty great, but the carbides aren't super hard so it's easy to keep super keen. Not the toughest or the most wear resistant, but great for a small working knife which doesn't get out in the weather too too much

I can't wait till others get a chance to try one!!!!!

I feel bad using it at work.... but it's begging for it lol

Back