MT mini SOCOM -- help!

Is the MT worth the extra $$??? So far the cheapest price i've seen for one is the $135 at bladeauctions.com, and that seems like a lot to me!
I've been thinking about getting a Spyderco Herbst, but that costs about $110-115 itself. So would I be happier with a mini SOCOM for the extra $20-30???
help me decide please!

-Tim

The MT mini socom is great! I have 2. If you never had a MT, you don't know what you're missing.

The Mini-SOCOM is a very nice knife. I have a friend who is extremly quick on deploying his. The only thing I don't care for is the clip placement. Too much of the knife rides above the pocket for my taste. But other than that they are excellent in fit and finish.
Blades

Tim, The MT mini socom is an awesome knife. Very well made, extremely sharp,very easy to carry. At first I thought the clip was too low, but after carrying it for 2 weeks I find that this is probably the most accessible folder I own. There's something about the design that makes it quick to use! It also has a different feel than most knives..hmmmm.. Just a great knife! I find it can do just about everything, even with just a 3" blade.(perfect size)
It is worth the price and I know they have discontinued it. If it comes back in production, it will cost more. Buy one now!
The black ti blade is excellent!
Later
biggrin.gif
THUMBS UP

I have two mini socoms, two Socom M/A's and a Socom D/A.
GREAT KNIVES. $135 sounds good too. I recently paid $140 for a mini Socom, silver anodized with a plain Black-T blade. This kinfe is awesome. You'll likely get a hard display case too.
Just BE CERTAIN to get a clear or black-T coated blade, unless you like rust.

I carry the mini Socoms all the time sideways on my belt. They dissapear.
Best suggestion yet is that if you get a mini_Socom, make the CILP disappear
wink.gif

Bill

I ONLY carry Socoms! I carry the mini with me everywhere. The larger for any outdoor activitys.

You will not be dissapointed with the socom. It is a great knive and I have handled most all knives and this is by far my favorite. I sold both my AFCK's once I got my Socom and I can't think of any other folder to own barring collectibles.

Chris

HI,

The mini socom is simply the best knife for the money that I know of. Not to say it's the best, but unbeatable at the range of $135. I own two, one dark grey, one deep purple. The fit and finish is astounding. I am unable to find any imperfections on either knife. Super sharp, in a league with Spyderco out of the box. Even bevel on both sides. Perfect size for daily carry.

Of all the knives I own, this is the one I carry daily. My small sebenza went in a drawer after this one. The sebenza has a heavy dead feel, the socom feels very alive and responsive.

Just a ton of knife and technology for the money. Titanium carbonitride coating, not just teflon. Very nice case as well.

$135 all day long. Call Brian at Discount Knife, he still has colors. I like the plain black blade.

HI,

The mini socom is simply the best knife for the money that I know of. Not to say it's the best, but unbeatable at the range of $135. I own two, one dark grey, one deep purple. The fit and finish is astounding. I am unable to find any imperfections on either knife. Super sharp, in a league with Spyderco out of the box. Even bevel on both sides. Perfect size for daily carry.

Of all the knives I own, this is the one I carry daily. My small sebenza went in a drawer after this one.

Just a ton of knife and technology for the money. Titanium carbonitride coating, not just teflon. Very nice case as well.

$135 all day long. Call Brian at Discount Knife, he still has colors. I like the plain black blade.

Thank u all!!!

I ordered a plain edge one with clear coating from the Knife Outlet last night, and i can't wait till it gets to me!!! I'm very excited about this knife!

-Tim

Back