Mud - Beckers - Bratwurst and three Sequoias:)

Wasty

Platinum Member
Today I wanted to take out my knives and stroll around the Schönbuch nature reserve (litterally: Beautiful Beech).
It's a small park situated south of Stuttgart and very nice and calm to hike and go cycling there.
Unfortunately woodworkers had the same idea, so the formerly small trails were now full of ruts and mud from wood machinery and tractors.
m1.jpg

That did not suit my mood today, and I went off in search of a barbecue area (In the Schönbuch there are lots of em:))

As soon as I found one I took out my 17 and started to baton kindling.
m2.jpg
m3.jpg
m4.jpg

The 17 does it without any effort and was still shaving sharp afterwards!

I started the fire with a Tops Magnesium/Firesteel combo that I attached to my selfmade kydex sheath.
Again the 17 is a winner here:)

So here's the Bratwurst:
m5.jpg

...next post will include the sequoia:)

Last edited:
m6.jpg

and gone :)

Here's a pic of the kydex sheath I made (size is good, retention is good, but i need to make one out of thinner kydex as this version is still to heavy)

m7.jpg

When I finished eating I just had a look around and lo and behold 3 sequoias were just standing there.
As they are not native common in Germany that was quite a nice find... They were brought 150 years ago and planted there!
m8.jpg

Afterwards I took the 14 to make some kindling for hikers that will be happy to start a fire without a hassle:)

m9.jpg

All in all it was a nice afternoon and the Beckers saved the Bratwurst!

Great pictures Wasty! Looks like a great day.

Bratwurst cooked over a wood fire is the best! Now I am hungry.

Hey Wasty....

Thanks for the post and pics and, for taking us along...... I have only hiked in the Schwartzwald in Germany and that was fifty plus years ago..... My memories of it are dimmed somewhat by a collossally horrible hangover that lasted the first two days of the hike....... Beautiful, though, really beautiful..... Is the area you hiked similar???.....

Ethan

Ah sausage memories! Thanks brother. Man I ate so much wurst when I was in Germany. Bratwurst, Weißwurst, Currywurst. Oh my. Damn dude, now I'm hungry too.. Awesome day out buddy, glad you had fun. The kicker for me was that you cut up more kindling for the next people. What a gentleman..

Looks like a great time! I need to make a visit to Germany at some point!! Did you cut down the sequoia tree with the Bk14 to make the kindling? :D

Good Morning together :)

Thanks you guys for the kind words! Indeed, a Bratwurst vom Grill is always great!
@Ethan: Thanks for chiming in and yes, it's quite similar and the nature here in southern Germany is really nice.
The hangover-part happens here and there too:)
@BeeKay: Its the knife that just told me: Do it, your fellow guys will appreciate it ;)

So, as today is May 1St. I'm heading now out to the traditonal May-hike, accompanied by the 14 and the 17:)

All the best to you :)

Hey Wasty, get yourself down to Munchen then take the 11 to Kochel. Then go down the Mittelwalder Straße onto the Kesselberg Straße to Urfeld. There (as you probably know) you'll find the Walchensee. Make sure you have some scuba diving gear. There is treasure is that thar lake my boy! You'll need your 17 to open it up. Let me know when you find it and I'll meet you in Munchen!

Hehehe, as this is one of my favourite places to ride with my motorcycle and only a two and a half hours ride from my location, I might just give it a shot... But in order to pry this treasure open I need something more substantial....
Well as my next Becker purchase will be the mighty BK2, that will be sufficient:)

Back