Muela Knives

Falcenberg mentioned Muela in the Aitor thread saying, "Another interesting Spanish brand is Muela. A very big catalogue and perhaps a little better stuff than Aitor." I'm glad to hear that they seem to still be doing business.

I have one Muela and have seen others, all very good quality. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find a dealer, online or otherwise, who carries Muela.

Does anyone know of a source for these? I'm not looking for anything in particular, but would like to see their current offerings. TIA.

------------------
Cheers,

--+Brian+--

Moteng used to carry Muela. Haven't bought from them in years. You may look them up and see what they have.

I've two Muelas, and like them very much but I haven't seen them on the net anywhere yet...

I ran across them offered here:

http://www.philfine.com/philfine/muela.html

They had several styles from Muela...

Sam

When I was in Europe a couple of years ago, I picked up a Muela knife set. It is a large bowie, with brass guard and pommel and wood handles. The steel looks and feels to be 440C from what I can tell. The smaller knife the came with it is an exact copy just 5" in total length. The bowie has a 12" blade and 5"handle. This set came with a great leather sheath. I paid the equivelant of $300.00 US Dollars.

Before I picked that one up I had never heard the name Muela before or again until this forum.

Anyone know if this NIB piece might be a collectors piece and if so how much it might be worth ?

Dark Nemesis

------------------
All of God's Critters may have knives, but most of them are stamped with the name BENCHMADE

Today I have made a little netsurfing to see if I can find Muela.
I found very few knives of poor quality. Muela does (did?) a lot of better blades.
I'll post some news when I'll be back home and at my catalogue.

Falcenberg

I'm at 'work' (Heh Heh Heh) so I can't go look but your set of Muela sounds like the one I got, but I got mine separately. The large one came from a gun show and was beat up because the guy had got it stuck in the pelvis of a moose and hammered it thru with the back of an ax. I had never heard of Muelas and walked past but my wife of the finest instincts looked it over and talked him down from $125 (Cdn) to $75 and $5 at the local knife grinders cleaned up the back perfectly!

And she's a great training partner too!

------------------
The Fighting Old Man

Back