Murray Carter ironwood neck knife

Murray%20Carter%20ironwood%20neck.jpg

Beautiful! What are the specs? Is it a flat grind? Nice burl Ironwood like that is hard to come by.

It's about a 3" blade. Specs are listed on that BladeArt link above.

It feels really good in my hand. It's small, but I have small hands to it works out. No sharp edges, and it feels kind of warm / organic. I really like it a lot.

I like kydex in general, but I'm about sick of the scratches that it puts on my blades. Might have to look into another carry method, or just better kydex or something.

Mike

I don't think a better Kydex is going to solve the problem. It seems that Kydex sheaths cause scratches and it's to darn hard to line and have the lining stay put.

I like Murray Carter. Very straight ahead, functional looking knives. Nice subtle temper line as well.

I've always liked Murray's lines...very subtle, but consistently excellent.

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Good one Michael! I have the Desert Ironwood as well, but the wharncliff version of course...:)

I did knock down the pointy section of the finger groove area just to make it grip better and now it fits the hand a little bit nicer, the blades are ground down fairly thin, not a Chopper but then most neck knives aren't, but this one will really really really cut well!
The SanMai type of blade, sandwiched steel with Hitachi White Steel for the center works nice and makes for an interesting edge line...Murray Carter knives are a find and Larry at BladeArt has several styles available right now, I'd recommend picking up one or two before they are gone, he also has some with Mammoth ivory as well!

G2

Back