Murray Carter Kajiki-

Hi All,

I have always been a HUGE fan of Murray Carter neck knives... Pricey? Yes. Top notch designs in a handcrafted, forged blade? You betcha... Sharper than all heck? Holy crap, yes. It never really fit the bill for a go to outdoors knife, however, because the handle and blade were for me more functional in an EDC role. Once I needed to notch sticks, create kindling, carve, or break down some dead meat, it CUT well but didn't handle as well as a slightly larger bladed and handled knife. I have put more miles on my Murray Carter necker than any other knife I've owned by far, but in a woods role often found myself reaching for others. I always said to myself, if he ever made a bushcrafting blade, I'd sell a kidney to get one.

Well, when I got an email update showing his new model, the Kajiki, I grabbed my necker, lopped out the 'ol extra kidney (who needs two anyways?), pedaled my ass down to my friendly neighborhood black market organ guy and made a deal. 4 days later I had my dream knife in hand.

This knife has a wide blade, is around 7.75" OAL with around 3.25 of that being cutting edge... It is his famous laminate "white" steel - i.e. scary sharp from his shop. I'm pretty good with a couple of wet stones and some green compound and a strop, but I'm going to have a tough time duplicating this edge once I give it some serious use. The handle is desert iron wood and carbon fiber bolster, with hammer finish. Well, I'll be sure to update you all once I've put it through its paces, but for now here are a few side by side images with a Fiddelback KPH and a BHK Ranger for comparison.

Last edited:
Congratulations JGON! Great knife. I too am a fan of Murray's knives and the Kajiki is very nice. I have joined you in the single kidney club for the chance to own one. Such a beautiful and useable knife. Mike

Back