Murray Carter neck knife

New toy! :) 3" wharncliffe neck knife by Murray Carter. Forged steel blade, ironwood scales.

Beautiful knife, Dex and you don't even have to tell me how sharp it is! ;)

Congrats and enjoy that bad boy.

Beautiful knife & great pic too, Dexter. I picked up a littermate at Nov's NY Custom Show & it quickly became one of my favorites. Enjoy!

Sweet knife, but it looks to be a bit different than Murray's normal knife. Does this one have the laminated blade steel, or is it all carbon steel? I am thinking about having him make me a neck knife with only the Hitachi blue super steel, and not the laminated.

Anyone ever wonder what the Japanese characters mean on Mr Carters blades? Per Mr Carter; Characters on hand forged knives mean "House of Origin" or "Honke"
in japanese. On the Muteki knives it is "Peerless"
or "Muteki"
I just kinda like stuff like that.

Reminds me of mine -- sorry, can't post a better pic. Mine is off to River City for a custom sheath.

murry_carter_neck_ironwood_.jpg

Mike

Originally posted by Danbo
Sweet knife, but it looks to be a bit different than Murray's normal knife. Does this one have the laminated blade steel, or is it all carbon steel? I am thinking about having him make me a neck knife with only the Hitachi blue super steel, and not the laminated.

Dan - I believe it is carbon steel. To be sure, I dropped Murray n email a couple days ago and still have yet to hear back from him...

Congrats Dex..., looks like a "keeper".., very nice piece and thanks for the picture...

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Wonderful knife Dexter. That old fashioned look to the blade and wonderful scales make for a real stand out knife.

Back