1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Must have spydercos

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Brybenn, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Brybenn

Brybenn

Jun 18, 2019
    Hey all. I have worn out my favorite spyderco tenacious black knife after 7 years of daily use so i ordered another to replace it. While on various dealer pages ive come to the realization i need more variety in my life . I have ordered a chris reeves small sebenza 21 and a sebenza 25 and a zero tolerance 0562. All great knives but im still partial to spydercos . Loving the tenacious the pm2 is definitely on the list to get i just have to decide which steel . The manix2 has also caught my eye
    Just curious as to what other models and steals i should acquire.
    What are your top favorite spydercos?

ßäD ßöß and Dadpool like this.
  2. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    PM3.

Welcome to the forums :)

3. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Hoo boy are you going to get a lot of recommendations. :D

If I had to pick one favorite, it would be the Military in CTS-204P (a KnifeWorks exclusive that I think is now out of production) -- any variation on the Military is going to be fantastic, though. I also love the Yojimbo 2, Police (SS/SE), Pacific Salt SE, Salt 2 SE, and Delica 4.

StrangeDaze and 115Italian like this.
  4. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    I EDC the Spyderco Gayle Bradley. Great knife, IMHO.

zakjak221 and Mo2 like this.
  5. blame it on god

blame it on god Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 21, 2013
    I'm sorry for your wallet. lol!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Throw a dart for the first taste of GREAT spyderco. (sorry China)(but no not really)

6. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Can't go wrong with almost any of the Taichung models especially the Ethnic Series, IMHO...

In addition, I think every Spyderco afi should own an og ball bearing lock like on the Dodo, Poliwog, Phoenix, etc.

Happy Hunting!

7. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    A few of my regular users

A4E0962C-6A18-4288-BBFD-10C82C0B4728.jpeg

MRego and MolokaiRider like this.
  8. 115Italian

115Italian

Nov 13, 2015
    I love my manix 2. And ive been eyeing the Smock.

9. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Must have Spyderco: Military, Manix, PM2, FRN models for beaters, and a few LW models.

MarriedTheMedic and TenShun705 like this.
  10. Brybenn

Brybenn

Jun 18, 2019
    Are those flippers on the bottom dominos?

11. blame it on god

Feb 21, 2013
    ^^ Yep. Great cutters.

12. Brybenn

Brybenn

Jun 18, 2019
    I found a dealer bout an hour and half drive so i can go handle what few models they have in stock then price shop online. Im thinking this new addiction will hurt the bank account more than collecting and drinking fine scotch and top shelf bourbons

13. Brybenn

Brybenn

Jun 18, 2019
    I was in a store that had it listed in a 18/19 catalog for $369 but they only had red carbon weave. I really like the blue

14. Brybenn

Brybenn

Jun 18, 2019
    Im canadian and the border agents have been making up their own interpretation of the law and have been siezing many one hand open designed knives so im fishing in a much smaller pond so to speak

15. blame it on god

Feb 21, 2013
    Knifeworks has it in stock for $204.95 FWIW.

16. blame it on god

Feb 21, 2013
    Canadian.....yeah. Good luck with Spyderco or any company not using a nail-nick.

17. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    Manix 2, PM2, or Para 3. Or get all of them. That's what I've done. Love them all. S30v works fine for me.

18. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    Manix 2 and don't look back.

19. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
  20. ferider

ferider Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Must have Spydercos: Military & Manix 2. Both in CPM CruWear (BB still has them new). All other Spydercos are cream on the cake :)