Mwkk05 - Can we get that date and location again?

just jumping in.....I can't do it if it's in OH again....:(

please don't plan it around me - just wanted to pipe in before I forget....if there's anyway to get it more centralized, that would be great, of course. But if the plan is the same as last year, that's cool too. Those that came will likely come again. Had a good crowd.

Depending on interest, it will be held on Memorial Day weekend, Fri-Mon May 28,29 & 30 in Dayton, Ohio (Dave Hahn is welcome anyway).

If folks decide to move the location elsewhere, I understand and will likely attend anyway.

Dan...was Bill's "Big Box o' Blems" dependent on your attending or do you suppose he would send stuff anyway? I should be good for it by now ;-)

The really good part was that the skills of sharpening, etching, leather work, etc were all taught and demonstrated so well that those who attended can now pass them along...and we have plenty of belt grinders and buffers among us!

I'd rather you buy me two day's worth of time to make the drive.....:footinmou......me no likely da metal birdies....:eek: :(

Nasty - I pioneered the BBofB and I'll tell ya, it took some work and some persuading - not sure if UB is up for it again. I would give it a shot if I was able to be there. That does not in any way preclude anybody else from giving it a shot. I thought (and still do think) it was a good idea and a lot of fun...but it was a lot of work too, of course.

I will talk to Bill then when the time comes...it's still 5 months off.

sounds good to me, Nasty. If you need anything, let me know.

Nasty said:
Depending on interest, it will be held on Memorial Day weekend, Fri-Mon May 28,29 & 30 in Dayton, Ohio (Dave Hahn is welcome anyway).

If folks decide to move the location elsewhere, I understand and will likely attend anyway.

Dan...was Bill's "Big Box o' Blems" dependent on your attending or do you suppose he would send stuff anyway? I should be good for it by now ;-)

The really good part was that the skills of sharpening, etching, leather work, etc were all taught and demonstrated so well that those who attended can now pass them along...and we have plenty of belt grinders and buffers among us!

Boy Nasty! you've been gettin' in some Dave shots here and tehre

:D

LOL...Okay Dave...there have just been *so* many opportunities where it simply fit. A few days ago you made the comment

Don't think you've won Nasty! I'll be back with another quick shot Ohio comment somewhere... somehow!!

and i'll get your little dog too!

I've simply been defending the dog...

I thought it was all good clean fun Dave...sorry if it's lost it's humor. No more quick ones from Ohio.

Nasty said:
LOL...Okay Dave...there have just been *so* many opportunities where it simply fit. A few days ago you made the comment

Don't think you've won Nasty! I'll be back with another quick shot Ohio comment somewhere... somehow!!

and i'll get your little dog too!

I've simply been defending the dog...

I thought it was all good clean fun Dave...sorry if it's lost it's humor. No more quick ones from Ohio.

eh??? now now Nasty, I've got quite the sense of humour!

by the way, my wife says "No Ohio for us!"

:D

the smell's not really that bad, Dave!

Disipates eventually.....:barf:

Wish we could do something on the West Coast!? I'm about as far west as you can get in the continental US, but would be willing to drive to Nevada / AZ, etc. Maybe a bit further... (?)

Tnx.

Norm

hmmm. ohio... when exactly is this gathering? The annual scirocco mailing list gathering is near cincinnati. Perhaps I can do both. :D

However ohio is quite out of the way and I don't know if the rocco will even be road worthy in 5 months.

It'd be 45-60 minutes north of Cinci the last weekend of May. We'll have to wait to firm things up.

Norm....in the past there has been a get-together in Reno at Bill's place in Jan/Feb(?)

*That's* the one *I* would like to attend!

Bad Boys of Birmingham...

It's a gang....
:footinmou

Back