my 10 point buck head mount is finished!!

hey all!! been a bird hunter for a while now...last deer season was my first real serious effort at it. after a week straight of navigating the thickest thickets, thorns and scrub oak............ so thick "you can't fall down if you want to!" :eek: (seriously it's like falling on springs!) on Martha's Vineyard island off Cape Cod Massachusetts!

Hunted sun up til sundown for a week straight..re injured a old hip injury and got branches in the eye more times than I could count...:grumpy:

it all paid off when i shot my first deer....believe it or not it was a 10 point buck...:eek::D:thumbup:

it was the largest of my hunting party and i won the $160 largest deer of the season pool!

it was a huge bonus because I'm a meat hunter not a trophy hunter..what a great first deer and had lots of meat and this cool mount for my troubles!

pics are from my iphone because it's what I have on me at all times...better pics to follow with real camera! this head was done professionally...i'm not a taxidermist lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1st deer in field.jpg
    1st deer in field.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 535
  • 1st deer sampson.jpg
    1st deer sampson.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 306
  • sampsonheadmountfront.jpg
    sampsonheadmountfront.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 633
  • sampsonheadmountside.jpg
    sampsonheadmountside.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Nice deer; congrats on your first buck. Good luck this year! its right around the corner!

Nice deer; congrats on your first buck. Good luck this year! its right around the corner!

i wish you well on the hunt as well...right now shooting trap for pheasant hunting prep...then deer season right after pheasant here in new england (the weekend after thanksgiving!)

Great photos of a great hunt! The mount turned out nice.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the hunt and the deer. The mount looks good. Always good to see pics of a fellow hunters success:thumbup:

He's a beauty. Congratulations my friend!:thumbup:

That's a stud right there and well done shoulder mount. Hope you have another good year.

Nice buck.

I have only ever shot one deer, many moons ago. It was a corn/alfalfa fed tasty sucker (lived in a corn field and ate my friends alfalfa).

Maybe I need to go again some time.

nice deer.. nothing like a crop eating city deer. ill be the rich citizens of M's vinyard are thanking you or cursing you pending on their poltical spectrum... thumbs up brotha

Back