My Account got banned?

Hi Admins,

I just got an email notification of a buyer interested in one of my knives:

I re-posted this according to site rules a few hours ago. I log back in to find that my account is baned for reason "Hacked Account".

I then visit my thread to see a reply post "tt" from my account to the thread that i did not post, and feedback from user

T Tony Nguyen

negative - reason scammer.

Can i get my account unlocked, and this negative feedback removed please? I need my account reinstated. Seems somebody did hack my account - so ill need that cleaned up along with the bad feedback please.

Additionally, can you share how my account was hacked? Was BF compromised in any way? I feel this is very odd that my account would have been hacked when its literally the only account i have ever had hacked period.. Makes me concerned.

It looks as though this was the post that triggered the report.

Did you happen to us pics that weren’t yours?

that was not my post at all.... how could this happen? =(

That post and the "tt" reply i did not do.

my #1 concern is i hope this hacker didnt steal money from anyone.

As to how your account was hacked

Spark Spark can help getting your original account restored

Found my account payment email and replied back to spark per the instructions on the post above.

Spark Spark , when you are able, i'd appreciate my account to be reinstated please, and remove the negative feedback left from T Tony Nguyen

Thanks!

additionally, rycen rycen Spark Spark , when my account gets reinstated, as this all looks fishy, is T Tony Nguyen a legit account if i contact him after to see if he wants to go through with the sale for the Microtech folder?

The instant neg feedback and "i'll buy it" right after the new fake post etc. just looks a bit sketch to me... timing sorta crazy w/all that.

T Tony Nguyen I would presume if you felt you were being scammed that the hacker contacted you in PM. Did you receive a PM from this hacker? If so, please post the message here, I want to see what was sent.

Once all this is sorted out, If you are still interested the knives are still available for sale. I'll hit you up after this business is sorted out...

The contents of the messages are me asking for paypal, receiving an address, and sending a confirmation address.

I did send payment. Honestly the whole experience has soured me for the forums.

Have you contacted PayPal Or your credit card?

report the account to paypal, but don't mention it was for a knife. Open a police report against the guy as well.

Honestly I used to ask seller info (phone number that i could validate) so i could be somewhat secure... until i had a seller get REALLY irritated with me for asking. I stopped after that... =/

doing business w/a member w/good feedback is pretty much a no-brainer for security, but w/this issue out there i'm certainly going to be more cautious myself.

Sorry this happened to you. Let me know if you need my help for a police report etc. As it was my account that was hacked, i'd be happy to provide assistance if it helps you get your $$$ back.

If we can get you your refund, maybe we can still work together to restore some of your faith in blade forums! you can call me w/e if you like to get that "secure feeling". I'm all about doing w/e i can to ease the process for the buyer.

Gl bud!

I already contacted paypal. Hoping to get some money back.

Police report is difficult. Hacker in kenya as best I can tell. I imagine I won't get it back. This is for sure a tough way to 100% lose faith in the forums.

well, like i said, there's ways you can secure who your sending it to.... asking for a phone number to verify, among other things.

I think there are some stickies on the forum for pointers to conduct safe trade on the forums.

Only the baddies should be afraid to give such personal info IMO, especially when you are about to send $$$ to a total stranger based off feedback alone

I'm sorry we couldn't do business on this item. I just bought a laptop today... I coulda really used the money myself -_-

well, like i said, there's ways you can secure who your sending it to.... asking for a phone number to verify, among other things.

I think there are some stickies on the forum for pointers to conduct safe trade on the forums.

Only the baddies should be afraid to give such personal info IMO, especially when you are about to send $$$ to a total stranger based off feedback alone

I'm sorry we couldn't do business on this item. I just bought a laptop today... I coulda really used the money myself -_-

It's not really about that. It's about the fact that the system we use to assess seller viability is now totally useless. If someone can hack an account that has good feedback, there is nothing to be done. No one on the forum can ever take feedback for granted again. It should not be on the user to add additional security measures to every transaction. If there is a repetitive issue of fraud or theft, one would think sitewide changes would occur. Reddit knife swap is officially more secure due to their time stamp requirements. It would be laughably easy to implement this here and would eliminate the majority of scammers. Example: if the scammer doesn't have the knife, they can't take a Time stamp photo.

The lack of introduction of country based IP bans or any actual technical action makes this a pervasive problem that no one is solving.

admins have ability to track users via location etc. I know this because i was hit with a really scary seller last year who ended up getting banned. He tried to go back in and create a new account, they tracked it and banned him immediately.

They have tools in the background that can weed this stuff out to help secure the community. I expect they are going to use the same tools on me to validate hacker activity. ;)

And to be fair, they banned my account pretty dam fast once some "odd" behavior was detected. My first post i saw that wasn't me was at 2:05 PM PST. My account was detected and banned within the hour...

I'm a bystander, but I do have a question for TONY: did the Scammer require you to use F&F instead of G & S, which grants more protection against scams?

Back