My American GAW- WE HAVE A WINNER!

joeradza

Gold Member
I would like to thank everyone associated with Bladeforums by hosting this GAW.

What is more American than baseball and a pocket knife. So, for those of you who have jumped on the TC Barlow bandwagon, I have a baseball cap from the Minnesota Twins whose logo is almost identical. And, if like me, some of you find it hard to use your GEC knives because they're just too pretty, I've also got a Rough Rider (RR719) Yellow Barlow.

The only rules are there are no rules. Just post like normal and I'll use a random generator around August 1st. I have the knife in hand and the cap is due to arrive in a few days. Oh, and just because it's a Twins cap doesn't mean I will ever forsake the NY Yankees!

Alan

Last edited:
Please count me in! I like barlows and the Boston Red Sox, so B for Barlow and B for Boston ;)

740b2c3e52e6ca9ad255992e0257151d_zpsv134iqdh.jpg

I'd dig the TC hat too . . . It'll match my new 14 TC Barlow!

I'm in, and rooting for the Twins even though they are in the cellar, 9 1/2 games out of fifth.

I'm in. Thank you for the chance.

Henry Beige, it could be worse. At least you're not a life long Cubs fan ... 115 years and counting since their last World Series win ... or is it 115 years since their last World Series appearance? :(

Thanks for the creative and generous GAW, Alan! :thumbup::thumbup:
I'm not exactly on the TC Barlow bandwagon, since I don't have any, but I admire them vicariously! :D
A Rough Rider Barlow is much more my style.
The dermatologist says I must wear a ball cap whenever I go outside, whatever the season, so I'm always on the lookout for cool caps to add to my rotation (or more accurately, to replace the grubbiest caps in my rotation - I need to find a good way to launder them).
So please count me in.
Thanks again, and good luck to all the entrants, including me! :D

- GT

Nice! And a fellow Yankee fan... despite living in LA now. I grew up in Queens (25 years) and went to Yankee Stadium all the time. As for knife content and the GAW--count me in. Here is a gratuitous knife pic... it's coffee time in LA:
27y1ou8.jpg

Thanks for the GAW, joeradza! We recently found out that my brother and sister-in-law are going to have TWINS! So, the hat would definitely get a bit of a laugh!

I'm just starting to get into the Barlow scene. I've got a Robeson that I adore, and I just picked up three more older Imperial barlows. I may actually try to rehandle one of them. :eek: That RR looks like a peach!

Here's a picture of my latest acquisition, a gorgeous #14 in Gabon Ebony that I picked up on the Exchange. I love the different colors on the handle.

ktYdMe9.jpg

Thanks, again. Good luck to everyone that enters!

I'm in as well. If I win, I'll give the knife to a well deserving youngster.

Back