My bday :)

In a couple weeks I'll be turning 22 :cool:

My g/f has offered to buy me a knife of my choice (since I'm very picky) and I've already got a couple models in mind.
I was wondering if you guys n girls would be able to share with me some of your thoughts concerning these blades.

The 1st would be the Fallkniven F1, I've been eying one of these for a while now. My concern is finding a suitable horizontal kydex sheath for it with a firesteel loop.
I had found a thread here on bf but can't find the link in my bookmarks and the bladeforum google search in your profile Bryan didn't turn up what I was looking for. The Kydex sheath had a rotating clip which made possible for vert and horiz carry.

The second would be the Doug Ritter Mk3. I don't know much about s30v steel, can anyone tell me how strong it is in comparisons to VG10 and if it holds an edge well, a brief review of the blade would be nice.
Would it hold up to knifetests or fail in shame?
And again the same kydex mount with firesteel loop?

Many thanks in advance, as I know this thread will be booming with answers shortly.:D:D:thumbup:

Go custom man!

JK, coyote, breeden, etc....

There is a fiddleback bushcrafter JR on the exchange that is beggin to be plucked, as well as a gossman aniversary knife.

If money wasnt an issue Id go with that gossman on the exchange...... Id get it, but funds say no at the moment.

There is something to be said about a custom.

That Bark River fox river magnum looks badass too......

Eh I've put my hands on two gossman's ps, psk Sr. and a muskratman nessie..

I would love to try a JK but as I said I've been eying these pieces for some time now.. I need to kill the itch.:jerkit:

Falkniven then all the way.

I understand bout the itch, I just cant seem to kill mine though!!!

This is Dan Koster's take on S30V .

"S30V
Excellent stainless steel. Med-sized carbides. High carbon. Moderate-high in price. Difficult for some to sharpen - need diamond hones. Best performing stainless for edge-holding."

I had a F-1 and gave it to my brother. It is a great knife, I just prefer leather sheaths and natural handles.

No experience on the MK-3 though.

No interest in any BRKT?

This is Dan Koster's take on S30V .

"S30V
Excellent stainless steel. Med-sized carbides. High carbon. Moderate-high in price. Difficult for some to sharpen - need diamond hones. Best performing stainless for edge-holding."

I had a F-1 and gave it to my brother. It is a great knife, I just prefer leather sheaths and natural handles.

No experience on the MK-3 though.

No interest in any BRKT?

I have a Aurora, Bravo-1 and NorthStar, Thanks for the info on the steel.
You guys are starting to put me under some pressure here, I'm considering custom... DAMNIT:D

Sent you a pm tony.

Dude You can never go wrong with custom!!!!!

Send stomper a message if you want to score a JK, his prices are amazing, and turnaround time is super fast. Hes a great guy.

ugh.. ugh... David Farmer and you have doe left over!

That FiddleBack is awesome, That man makes the most comfortable handles!

That Gossman isn't gonna last long on the Forums.

Doesn't matter if its custom or production. Make it an expensive one!

That way, any knife after this one will be "cheap" in comparison :D .

What about Bryan Breeden, I sorta like his Pathfinder model.
does he have a website by any chance?

cuphead-- are you looking for soemthing like this for your f1..:D
IMG_2664.jpg

brian dosent have a website to my knowledge. but you can probably find alot of pics of his stuff around these parts.

Both great knives, I'd say the fallkniven would be the tougher but the Ritter the best all round slicer. I'd imagine the Fallkniven would also be the most comfortable to use.
Have you thought about Swamprat and Scrapyard blades on the exchange as well ? They are all damn near indestructable and guaranteed for life !!!

Both great knives, I'd say the fallkniven would be the tougher but the Ritter the best all round slicer. I'd imagine the Fallkniven would also be the most comfortable to use.
Have you thought about Swamprat and Scrapyard blades on the exchange as well ? They are all damn near indestructable and guaranteed for life !!!

I got a S6 and love it.. but I don't plan on going on a concrete stabbing rampage any time soon. + If I were caught with one of them around my parts, I'd probably get arrested.

I wanna keep it simple, 4'' to 5 tops with a horiz kydex sheath to have it concealed. Thanks for the thoughts pitdog

Back