1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My Benchmade 950BK Rift - (Pics)

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Fred Sanford, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2006
    This is what I've been carrying recently. I didn't know if I would like this knife but I love it. I can't put it down. I carry it all the time now. It has a high grind and the blade stock is 3mm I believe. That's a nice size stock.

I love BK coated blades without serrations too. This knife is a damn fine knife. I did order a replacement black oxide clip for it as I prefer the non-painted ones.

It's been 3 - 4 years since I've had a BM with an Axis lock as I've been exclusively using Spyderco. This Rift is kick butt. I really like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Random Dan

Random Dan

Jan 21, 2012
    Urgh, I'm trying to avoid buying a Rift right now.

3. Terry M.

Terry M.

Feb 5, 2006
    I will second the fact that it's a fantastic knife. I EDC'd it for a couple years before recently replacing it with a BM 350SN flipper

4. Omega Leather Works

Omega Leather Works

Jun 13, 2007
    My favorite knife ever at this point. I can't see why everyone doesn't own one. Unless you don't like the look, the steel or the price you should really try one. F&F is perfect on mine.

I got mine in a trade. It was my first BM and I honestly thought I'd trade it for a paramilitary 2. No way, not now. There's just something about them... it'll be a sad day when they retire them.

5. Random Dan

Random Dan

Jan 21, 2012
    I really hope they don't retire it, but they've retired so many other good models: Kulgera, Ares, AFCK, Rukus, etc.

6. RJ80

RJ80

Aug 13, 2012
    I really like mine. I have the satin blade and I attacked my scales with blue Rit dye. The only reason I don't carry it every day is that I also have a Gayle Bradley that I like just a little more. It's definitely my favorite Benchmade though.

7. Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2006
    I like it so much I may just get a 2nd one, but instead get the black G10 model with the satin blade. Great knife.

8. Losing Battle

Losing Battle

Jan 18, 2013
    Every time I see photos of the Rift it makes me want it even more. I handled one a few weeks ago and loved it. It's probably going to be my next purchase. Great photos btw.

LB

9. esh567

esh567

Nov 13, 2012
    Would have definitely been next purchase if i wouldn't have just bought a zt 0560

10. blade4sell

blade4sell

Dec 11, 2012
    I own a BM barrage 580 axis Assisted....I also have the presido 527...but there is something about assisted that really spoil me bad..I almost pull the trigger on the RIFT...BM make awesome EDCs....

11. Omega Leather Works

Omega Leather Works

Jun 13, 2007
    For real... I missed the Ruckus and AFCK. Wtf was I thinking? All those years buying only Spyderco. Stupid stupid stupid.

Still loves me Spyderco btw, don't need any hate. :rolleyes:

Btw, some of the things I love most about the Rift are things rarely seen in pics like the standoffs, thumbstuds, the sculpting on the top of the blade... hell I even like the pivot (cap side) finish. It's just... nice.

One last thing, for the poster who dyed his G10 blue, do you have pics? I think I've seen blue, not sure... I've seen red for sure. I've been considering doing it myself but I do like the grey. What I really need is a dozen Rifts!

Kinda scrappy pic of the standoffs. (I've posted these before)

[​IMG]

Equally bad view of the thumbstuds and blade shape.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  12. Torm

Torm

Jul 12, 2007
    I'll put in another recommendation for the Rift. My fiance got me one for Christmas and it hasn't left my pocket since; its an excellent EDC.

13. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Of all my Benchmade's, the Rift and 710 are my most carried.

14. Sulaco

Sulaco Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2003
    I love the thumbstuds on the Rift. I've had several AXIS-Lock folders which use them. I wish my Contego did. I was glad when they released the Contego. It's kind of like a Rift on steroids. I love the M4 steel and the larger size. The grip of the Rift was a bit small for me and the flare towards the back of the handle stuck out a little uncomfortably for me.

15. RJ80

RJ80

Aug 13, 2012
    Sorry, I don't have any pictures at the moment. Loonybin posted a couple in this thread:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/902679-Need-to-dye-some-G10-scales-Any-tips

Mine looks pretty much identical to his.

16. mdsmith

mdsmith

Jan 7, 2009
    I recently received a rift in a trade, and I'm a little undecided on it. I got the grey and black G-10 with the blade combo edge blade. I can't stand that black and grey, so I RIT dyed it black which turned out really nice. It's not completely black, you can still see some of the pattern throughout the dye. Next is to send it into BM for a plain edge satin blade. We'll see how I like it then. It's a VERY well built knife, and one of the smoothest Benchmades I've ever handled.

17. Omega Leather Works

Omega Leather Works

Jun 13, 2007